Thread: Parasite?

Hi, I'm New Here!

Parasite?

So after my hubby ignored a "cease and desist" on discus purchases. He ended up with a 5 heavily peppered PBs (although I think it's because they were kept with a lot of darkish coral, wtf?) and a BD with gray eyes!

His eyes aren't cloudy or anything just gray. He otherwise appears healthy, swims and eats well. I don't know if this is just poor quality or if I should be concerned about parasites. I have never had anything like this happen to any of my discus so I wouldn't know how to treat or what meds to use. The top BD is one my imported beauties, in comparison his eyes are nice and orange.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture_23.jpg   picture_22.jpg  

Blue Diamond Discus
    That fish doesn't look very well to me. He is all sunken in the head and is very stunted. sorry.Is he in quarantine? If not I would put him in a tank on his own to keep an eye on him. Keep up with the water changes and food and watch his poop to make sure there is no sign of worms or any other nasties. He probably could do with a worming.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    His head doesn't look sunken in to me, but i agree with the worming.....So now the question...How do I worm discus?

Blue Diamond Discus
    In the first pic he does but you can see him in real life so you would know. You can buy kusiri wormer on here from Marlons dicus in the classifieds. This is an easy way to worm. There are sticky notes in the top of this forum marked out for worming fish, have a read there it explains everything.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I'm in Los Angeles, I went out and got Metronidazole. If that doesn't work we have something called Prazipro but here but I went with Metro instead. Thanks for the replies!