Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Ok a couple of things here.

when we say clean the hoses we mean use a brush hot water wont shift everything, when your done they should look like new, eheim hose will last 10years easy. got to your LFS spend $12 on an aquaone tubecleaning brush.

The factory sec of the 2217 is 1000l/h
    The MAX real world flow of a 2217 is 600-660l/h (1m head height I know I've measured it and repeated it over 10x)

The factory spec of the 2215 is 620l/h The real world flow of a 2215 is only ment to be 350-400l/hMAX!!!!!!!!!!!
    filters are rated EMPTY with NO MEDIA at 0 head height an average filter reaches 45-50% an exceptional filter will reach 60-70%

eheim classics are great filter they reach over 60% of flow rating , they last forever all that ever wears out is the impeller and o ring they cost nothing to keep running.

now as you said testing the filter in the tank with just a naked hose gives 6l/min or 360l/h if your filter is full of media this is PERFECT everything is where it should be.

If you scrub your hose and do it religiously when ever you see it not bright translucent green it will flow somewhere between 350-400l/h (at ~ 1/2 h max)

If your filter is empty then you have a problem, the 2215's biggest weakness is it uses 12mm hose basicly a 1mm build up of alage in ANY PART of the length will drasticly reduce flow (again the filter work on siphonic filling gravity pulls water in pump pushes water out) any restriction to the inlet will greatly reduce the outflow of the filter (hence 2217 16mm inlet 12mm out = infintiely better)

as i've said before i have classics that were bought just after i was born, they are over 20years old and still going you cant beat that, no other filter (except my fluval 303) has EVER come close to that.

An eheim classic is something that you hand down to your kids just like my 2213 that Dad gave me when i was 12, I'll be giving it to my son Eddie when he sets up his first tank.

Medium Discus
    thanks for all your help and info mate as i live in a small country town i have to buy everything online. Which 1 of these are better the set of brushes or the Aqua One brush double ended 1m or Aqua One hose cleaner brush magiclean 1.9m.Here is the link and i reckon the aqua one hose cleaner brush magiclean might be the go maybe.

http://www.onlinepetwarehouse.com.au...9&list_cat=124

i use the aquaone 1m double ended, great brush and $6 is dirt cheep,

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    An eheim classic is something that you hand down to your kids just like my 2213 that Dad gave me when i was 12, I'll be giving it to my son Eddie when he sets up his first tank.
    Too true! 2 2213s at about 10 years still going strong, and a 2217 at about 5 years old.