Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Medium Discus

Problems with Eheim 2215

Hey,
    did a wc this arvo and noticed there wasn't much flow coming out of the outlet so i gave it a clean and checked the shaft, propeller etc. I also cleaned the outlet pipe as there was some gunk in there. I primed it back up again and the filter keep making noises with hardly any flow coming out.
    I gave the cannister a shake to try and get the air out as there were small bubbles coming out of the outlet. Do you reckon the propeller needs replacing and the cannister is only 11 months old.
    Whats yours thoughts and I also tried to re prime it 4 times with the same results

Cheers Tim

Re prime you have air in it best way is to have your taps mounted near the canister undo the top tap and suck on the hose you will get a mouthfull of water it won't kill you. If flow rate drops usually the hoses are dirty

Medium Discus
    thanks for that do you have the taps on the inlet open?? I'm assuming you do. Is the cannister on when you suck on the outlet???? Will 1 big suck generally get the air out or do you keep on sucking on it until the air is out???

Cheers Tim

Medium Discus
    just tried sucking on the outlet with the taps open on both inlet and outlet with water slowly coming out. Re-connected it after sucking and still making noise and no water coming out of outlet.

To prime a Eheim classic perfectly every time

1) completely empty the canister of water.

2) connect up to the inlet and outlet double taps and open both sets of taps

3) Suck on the outlet pipe until you hear the canister filling with water

4) once the canister has completely filled, close both sets of taps.

5) disconnect the outlet tap

6) put a bucket under the outlet tap so its lower then the canister body

7) open both sets of taps and allow the water to fill the bucket you will hear gurgling as the extra air is expelled.

8) close the taps and reconect the outlet

9) open both sets of taps

10) plug in filter and turn on

Sounds complicated and eventually you will skip 4 &5 and go straight 3-6.
    Take about 3 mins
    Works EVERY time to air, no noise , no issues !
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "

Medium Discus
    thanks for the instructions when you place a bucket beside cannister do you disconnect the outlet and the turn on tap on the cannister or outlet tap that goes into the tank????

Classics fill under siphon as taken has said the canister MUST BE EMPTY. Open both sets of taps suck on the OUTLET tap. You will hear gargling as the canister FILLS ie goes from empty to full. Once full turn off both taps reconnect the OUT PUT. turn on taps.

At this point you can disconnect the intake and reverse flow into a bucket to expell excess air. Generally I don't bother

Medium Discus
    the cannister is completely empty and i suck on the out pipe until i cant suck anymore and the cannister only half fills i think then there is water in the outlet pipe. So i cant suck on it because of the water in the pipe and i haven't had these sort of problems before, normally its easy. Last time i just turned on the taps and it filled without sucking on the outlet pipe turned it on and its was fine. Whats going on with it???

Medium Discus
    had the cannister going with the outlet taps disconnected and I ran it from cannister outlet into bucket. Half filled the bucket and the water was only coming out slowly so im not sure how fast it should be coming out and then i reconnected outlet taps and its still making noises and no water coming out of the outlet. I'm very confused

Quote Originally Posted by axl
    the cannister is completely empty and i suck on the out pipe until i cant suck anymore and the cannister only half fills i think then there is water in the outlet pipe. So i cant suck on it because of the water in the pipe and i haven't had these sort of problems before, normally its easy. Last time i just turned on the taps and it filled without sucking on the outlet pipe turned it on and its was fine. Whats going on with it???
    your getting an airlock somewhere, did you remove all pipe from the tank and clean them? if not you have air in the hose, you'll have to drain and start again.

your original problem of reduced flow is caused by dirty houses, remove all hose from th tank and clean with a tube cleaning brush 2215's us 12mm hose on intakes and outputs these need to be cleaned at least once a quarter if not once every 2 months.

starting with clean empty hose and a clean empty (no water) canister reconnect everything as usuall

disconnect the output taps, suck on them till you hear water start to flow into the canister.

as water flows into the canister re connect the OPEN output taps back together, water will continue to flow in the input hose to th canister, you should hear air rushing our your spray bar.

once the canister is full (no air rushing out) you should be able to see water in the OUTPUT hose, this is when you turn on the power.

a little air is normal this will work itself out over a minute or so

if you still have priming problems turn off the power.

move the spray bar so it is below the water line

close the INTAKE tap disconnect and put in a bucket (the filter side of the double tap) open the tap, gravity will pull water through the OUTPUT into the bucket, wait for the burp of air once you hear this re connect and your good to go.

remember these filter work on a SIPHONIC flow, gravity pulls water into the canister up to the head then the pump pushes water out .

THE PUMP DOES NOT SUCK WATER EVER! all it does is push it. this is why these filter last so long, It cant push water if there is an airlock