Medium Discus

swimming and going no where

Just went to feed my fish and noticed my red melon is looking down and it looks like he swimming fast but hes not moving hes been fine all day eating fine etc this has only just happened. I did a 5o% wc and added epson salts I also notice a slight reading of nitrite but only slight. Any ideas

Curious actions. You did the right thing with the water change, now just keep an eye on him. Is this the same one that had lost colour.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Medium Discus
    No all the other fish that have been sick have been Karens my sisters I panicked quite a bit last night when I noticed it was one of mine. I did a 50% wc and added 1 1/2 tbs per 40ltrs of epson salts. By the time I went to bed he was totally headstanding he is my biggest pig in the tank so I pretended to feed them and he did nothing so I new something was wrong. Great news when I got up though he was back to normal and looking for food, I dont know what was wrong but maybe bad bloat or a blockage which cleared overnight. Im to scared to feed them today but Karen suggested only feed bs today so I think I'll do that. Hopefully problem is over.

Leanne

Sounds like he's pigged out on food, and had a build up of gas in the abdomen. The epsom salts would have helped with that. Good job. Glad he is on the mend.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Medium Discus
    Thanks Merrilyn I dont know what I would of done if one of my fish actually got sick my hospital tanks still got Karens two in it but hes still fine as I speak or type havent fed them as much today much to their disgust they normally can get up to 9 or 10 small feeds a day but today so far just 2 bs

Leanne