Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: worms

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyAdo
    FS: Chill Pills

They come in a handy blister pack and are suitable for many situations..... Like this one for example.....
    blistering away over here Chilling as we speak
    Why me ?

Blue Diamond Discus
    I bet I know who was always in trouble at school with the teachers for stirring.....hey Ado

Quote Originally Posted by lpiasente
    I bet I know who was always in trouble at school with the teachers for stirring.....hey Ado
    ha ha Leanne, he has a HUGE wooden spoon
    Why me ?

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    Who me ??????????
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

Blue Diamond Discus
    Now both worming treatments are done. The fish is not eating and treatment finished over a week ago. He did however have some food during the treatment. I have seen no poops. A bit of a white droplet hanging out but couldn't really see what it was. It wasn't jelly looking. He looks beautiful. No clamped fins beautiful big red eye not overly active though and he takes NO notice of food at all. Not even the live stuff.( I even tried live black worm) So now is it time for metro? Or any other suggestions. If I find a poop even a clear one should I take it to the vet and have it looked at? I am not going to lose this fish and I am very happy (well you know) to pay the vet bill.

Worming treatment often makes them slow to start eating again Leanne. Keep on trying to feed as normal for another week or so before thinking about nuking them again with more meds. You will find once he gets in the mood to eat again he will be fine.
    Why me ?

Blue Diamond Discus
    ok. I have put him in a tank on his own just incase it was something a bit worse than worms...should I add him back? He certainally doesn't like being on his own. Poor fella

Blue Diamond Discus
    Thanks Steve....running late for work

Blue Diamond Discus
    He now has hex. The local vet had a look under the scope for me at a poop. They were soo interested and gave me a call this arvo to have a chat about it. I have no doubt that at the start there were worms as like I said I could see the segments but I maybe being a bit run down from them has now cause this. Metro it is. I read that alot of fish don't seem to recover from this but I hope he pulls through. He is still bright eyes, fins held high, no pinching still looks beautiful and when I go to do water changes he comes swimming over for a look and swims up and down like he wants a feed . Poor fella