Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Stunning!!

I miss my Discus

Wrigglers
    Hi All,

Fingers crossed, if I get a couple of pics of my brown male up I may post some more pics of the tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscf1181.jpg   dscf1306_111.jpg   dscf1309.jpg  

Just an Egg
    Beautiful fish Merrilyn. You have a very nice set up. Have you ever had any problems with the angels and discus mixed? I know they come from the same waters but I was told (I dont think its true) not to mix angels and discus because the angel can give discus diff. illnesses that they carry. I know you know what you are doing I was just surprised. I guess it was another thing I was told from the local pet store that was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by karisdiscus
    Beautiful fish Merrilyn. You have a very nice set up. Have you ever had any problems with the angels and discus mixed? I know they come from the same waters but I was told (I dont think its true) not to mix angels and discus because the angel can give discus diff. illnesses that they carry. I know you know what you are doing I was just surprised. I guess it was another thing I was told from the local pet store that was wrong.
    I have wild Scalares in with domestic discus, have done for over a year now, they mix well imo
    Why me ?

There is something almost surreal about the 10 foot with the 3 big Pro3 Eheims underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn
    More pics.............

[]
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "

Quote Originally Posted by karisdiscus
    That's a great question.

The fish I have together are wild caught altums and wild caught heckels. Both types of fish had been through a very thorough de-parasite treatment and had been quarantined for over 12 months before being placed in the same tank.

I wouldn't ever put domestic discus and and domestic angels together for all the reasons you have mentioned, together with the fact that domestic angels will out compete discus for food every time.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Stunning altums and heckels! Thats a combination i'd like to try in my own tank.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Here are my fellows

Wrigglers
    A few more

Blue Diamond Discus
    I like those 3 snake skins in the last pic