Hi, I'm New Here!

strange behaviour after levamisole treatment

Hi All,

my discus have been passing strings of [jelly-poo-jelly-poo] faeces for a while now, even though they act normal and feed normal. but I'm trying to be proactive before it's too late, so last month I treated them metro for a course of 7 days with 200mg per 40 liters and 100% water change between each dose and light out.
    but they still passed strings of [jelly-poo-jelly-poo] faeces after the metro treatment. so I started the worm treatment, I did 1ML/7L 2 days ago, after that my discus have been acting strange. they now refuse to eat, they turn dark/light and hide around. after the 100% water change last night, they looked better, they would swing around abit, but still refuse to eat. so is this the expected behaviour after levamisole treatment? seems like lavamisole is abit harsh to their little stomach, and should I carry on with the worming treatment with prazi next week? advise please? I'm planning to adopt the following regime.

week 1 big L
    week 2 prazi
    week 3 prazi
    week 4 big L
    week 6 big L

btw, here is my normal routine.
    age/heat water for 24 hours with prime
    daily 90-100% water change
    2 sponse and 1 hangon filter
    ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate- less than 10
    6 meals a day to grow them out

Still trying to take photo of the faeced, because I don't have macro len, so it's very hard to focus on it.

Cheers

give them another big water change and just wait and watch, levimenisole is reasonably harmless to disucs, if anything all it ever did was make my fish hungryer.

6 feeds a day is reasonably evtreme, hold off food for a couple of days and then try again.

Medium Discus
    All the medication is going to do your fish more harm than good. I would slow down the water changes to 50% twice per week. I would lower your ph very slowly over 3 or 4 days until you reach a ph of 4.5. This will be better than meds as many bacteria and parasites can live or reproduce in such a low ph. I would keep the ph there for 7-10 days and then see how your fish are.

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    I disagree. Big L is a great product and does a lot more good than harm.

I have never seen any adverse effects in any of my fish when using Levimenisole.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank you all for your input. will observe for now. I didn't expect this dramatic stress caused by Big L either, I've used it in my other display tank full of rainbows without hiccup.

Thanks Boxters, just don't want to mess with PH for now. because they might feel better with 4.5 but I would have to up it back to 7 which will likely stress them out again.

Regards