Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Medium Discus
    Why would you treat for flukes? Just throwing chemicals in your tank will only kill them faster. I have worked with a fish vet for a while, and meeds are a last resort. The best med for sick fish is good quality clean water

Hi, I'm New Here!
    are you saying by just keeping the water clean the flukes will go away? i'm happy doing whatever it takes to get these guys better asap

Quote Originally Posted by angmat80
    are you saying by just keeping the water clean the flukes will go away? i'm happy doing whatever it takes to get these guys better asap
    The question is: Why did you treat for flukes?? there was no reason, do you know what happens when they get flukes?

Clean water is quite often the only med you will need, lots of it too. As already stated, actually adding a medication is the last resort.

Please explain your quarentine method, if you have it done and dusted in 2 weeks, I wanna learn that trick. For me, qt takes at least 8 weeks, and then I might not be happy so keep my fish seperate.
    Why me ?

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    Id like to see a clearer pic of this "white stuff".

Clean water is often the best bet sometimes meds are required but throwing random meds into the tank will cause more problems then it solves.

Google some pics of "ICH" and tell us if thats what it looks like.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!