Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Hi, I'm New Here!

Looking for Discus breeders/supplier in Sydney

Hi,

Are there any Discus breeders in the Sydney area?
    Interested in quantity purchases are the right price.

Rick

Go to Sydney Discus World at Homebush or JMS at Carlingford. I've purchased at both and have been happy with the fish/prices.

Do a search through the forum because a thread was started a while ago that listed everyones' preferred places around greater Sydney.

Don't forget to keep an eye on Petlink as well. You see the occassional bargain there.

Good luck

Hi, I'm New Here!

Thanks Swampy

Yeah been to both, at JMS the prices were a little better.
    Was after quantity and wholesale prices.

thanks Swampy.

I recently came across Abyss Aquarium at Campbelltown. Not a large number of Discus but the ones I saw there were reasonably priced and of good quality.
    They also make aquariums on site at good prices.
    Worth a look..

Medium Discus
    We are one of the largest importers of discus in Australia. Have a look at our web site. We will not be beaten on price.

www.marlonsdiscus.com.au

Tiny Fry
    No disrespect, but I would not recommend going to Sydney Discus World. i personally bought two fish off them, both ridiculously overpriced (you can get them cheaper flown in from brisbane!) and both riddled with illness and disease (which i didn't initially realise because, at that point, i was relatively inexperienced). Lost one, saved the other (by some miracle, but mostly due to the help of people on these forums)- would never go back there again. when i was there i did not see ONE quality discus out of at least a hundred, I only bought fish off him because i'd driven all the way from canberra and was so keen to buy more discus that i made a rash decision.

Medium Discus
    I agree. I went to Sydney discus world once. I have never seen such poor quality fish. The owner even told me he knew they were crap but his customers don't know ant better. What a joke. Stay away from that place

Tiny Fry
    Hey boxters i wish i knew about you six months ago. I have since found a nice wholesaler. Rod at simply discus gets in some nice fish. When I upgrade to a bigger tank I will have to get some fish of you I like the look of your turqouise,s .

Just an Egg
    hi guys , i also agree that discus world is very over price and there staff do not no what they are talking about and goodoo were can i get a contact for that wholesaler that you found

Medium Discus
    We are a wholesaler in sydney