Tiny Fry

Can fighters handle salt ???

Can fighters handle salt ? One of my discus had a nasty scratch the other day. So i put about 6 teaspoons of salt. tank is 250 litres. this morning my girlfriends fighter was dead. Dont know but salt is the only thing i can think of that killed him.

bettas are pretty tough fish, to treat white spot in my breeders i added salt by the handfull, were the fins damaged?

Tiny Fry
    no he seemed fine. Though i saw him sitting om the bottom the other day.
    While your here and this is the same tank im talking about. I have done a few tricloflorfon treatment over the last three weeks. That could of done it maybe ? the brand is para cide. I also wanted to ask you about my discus seem a bit spooky at times. most the time there fine then something will set them of and they freak out and swim into stuff. im a bit scared of poisoned them with meds.

Tiny Fry
    I have done a series of treatments on the tank over the last few months. trying to get rid of flukes. was thinking. maybe the treatments have mixed and become toxic. was going to take out both sponges put in some filter wool- untill i can afford expensive sponges. And run some charcoal.

Tiny Fry
    Yeah so i did prazi\ pp\ paracide\ levisomole\

Tiny Fry
    ammonia is zero nitrite zero nitrate about 20 i think havent checked in a week of two. tank is 250 litres i change 150 every week. And i allways do a 150 change before and after treatments. except i didnt do a change after the para cide treatment. cos on the bottle it says you dont need to. Thanks illusn

sounds like the combo of meds got your fish, bettas arn't big fish so small amounts of chemicals quickly build in their bodies to toxic levels (ie LD (lethal dose) is based on weight the smaller the weight the lower the LD.)

Tiny Fry
    Do you think that is what has made my discus skittish.

could be could have also been the flukes your trying to kill