Poret filter foam

Hi all,

I'm probably the last to find it, but if anyone like me was curious where to find this filter foam in large quantities without having to remortgage the house, have a look here.
    It has some great ideas for filter/sump setups also.

http://www.swisstropicals.com/Poret%...er%20Foam.html

ben at AOA sell some similar black foam for a very reasonable price, my only other guess would be to take a sample to clarke rubber and see if they can match it.

I'm not sure AOA sells sheets this large and I the only stuff I've seen at clarkes wasn't the same and was really $$$$!!!
    It was mainly just to give people a look at the different ways to use this stuff. I particularly like the way they've made a tank divider - come filter out of a sheet with a couple of pvc uprights, very clever IMO.

Just an Egg
    Yup love to get some of those. Very popular in Europe. Simple, practical, economical. Too bad no one sells it here. Even if they do, price will be $$$$ as we live on the other side of the world and market is small.

The Chinese made ones are widely available and price not cheap either, unless you buy it in Asia and bring it in yourself.
    ...they may take away our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FISHES!
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...Braveheart.jpg

Phenomena
    I've had a look at the AOA website as ILLUSN suggested. They sell pieces large enough to do most things shown on the that link for a good price when I actually did the maths (cheers ILLUSN).
    Have another read and I think you'll find all of those filters etc are DIY and they give you the basic instructions. Most of them are a simple hole cut into the foam to accomodate a PVC upright and an airline ... easy as!

I tried the tank divider idea some time ago and lost ALOT of peppermint fry, the fry wiggle into the pours and get stuck, so i wouldn't recomend it for a fry tank, great for a grow out tank if you want to section off fish that are way too big to get stuck.

Clark rubber previously told me they only stock one foam that is fish safe. It's yellow & sold in big sheets. All their other foams have been treated for fire & mould resistance.

Can't see why their yellow fish foam wouldn't be suitable, but it is one of Clark's more expensive foams
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"