Love is blind....

I have an albino longfin bn that sadly had it's eyes pecked out by a swarm of hungry angel juvies when it was very young. In fact out of a dozen or so albino lf bn that got put into the tank it was the only to survive the night (completely my fault for adding small bn to a tank of 500+ hungry angel juvies).

I felt really bad about it and wasn't even sure if the fish would survive so i put it into a display tank to try to give it a good life.

Well over time it grew and grew until it became a nice big female. It still lives in the display tank with a couple of other albino lf bn... one of which is a big male.

Last night i couldn't believe me eyes when the fish with no eyes (nicknamed "Blindy McBlinderson") and the male where jamming eachother into a hollow log. I thought there is no way they will spawn but i was wrong! the male is now sitting on a large clutch of eggs and Blindy McBlinderson is set to be a mum.

Here are a couple of pics i took of her today. As you can see she literally has no eyes at all. I guess calling here Blindy McBlinderson isn't really accurate cause she's not blind...she just has no eyes! hahaha

here it is in September 2009 when it happened

Anyway, just thought i'd share a bit of a 'feel good' story.

Cheers
    Matt
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Ha ha, nature prevails
    Why me ?