Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Fish

Just an Egg

New Fish

Just wanted to share some pics of my new fish. I got these through Dean at Katherine tropical fish who sourced them from Rod Lewis. I got 6 Leopard eruptions (Mosaic) all are about 11-12cm. I am more than happy with the quality even though one has a funny bump in the forehead above the mouth.

I have had them a week and after a few days of being very skittish are feeding well and happy to have a few photos taken. Temp is 29.7c, pH 6.8 (will get it a little lower over the next two weeks. tank is 3x2x2 bare bottom tank with eheim 2028. Also 3 bronze corys in there with a plan for a few more.

Brett

Very very nice indeed! Best of luck with them they sure are lookers!
    Cheers Kath

Very nice, you must be pleased
    Why me ?

Just an Egg
    Thanks guys,

yes very happy, hope they will get less skittish over the next week so that water changes will be less stressful on them. I have ordered a few different types of food to give them variety as well. will update pics in a few weeks

Brett

Beautiful fish Brett! You have evry right to be proud of them.

Excuse my ignorance but, Rod Lewis? I'm assuming he's a very reputable breeder but can you share any further details?

Cheers

Rod's the MAN for me too, he is in Brissy, breeds and imports quality.
    Cheers Kath

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Does this Rod bloke sell to the public and does he do postage? If so how can we contact him?

Cheers

Hi Troppo,

Brett was kind enough to point me in the right direction - link below. From what I gather you can either get your lfs to do the leg work for you as Brett did or contact Rod directly.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180

I just recieved a message from re: shipping rates. Thought you guys might like to know..

"Hi Swampy,

Thats really nice to hear about a satisfied customer and recomendation

If you don't mind i can answer your question right here, perhaps other potential customers might be interested as well.

Freighting is done via Australian Air Express on my account. I drop off the discus early morning and you pick up from the AAE counter at the airport in the afternoon. Unfortunetly there is not a door to door service available for live fish. After i drop them off i will contact you with the consignment note details and expected arrival time at your airport. All i need from you is your full name and best contact number. Make sure you take identification with you in case they ask for it at the airport. I charge a $35 consignment fee, plus a per kg rate which is dependent on destination. In the case of Sydney it is $1.20 per kg which is the cheapest destination from Brisbane. Some destinations like Darwin and Perth will be up to $6 per kg. Small discus shipping weight is around .5 kg each, medium around 1.2kg and large around 2.5kg. I have a lot of experience packing and forwarding fish and guarentee live arrival. I pack according to airline regulations and utilize pure oxygen in the bags. All discus are packed one per bag.

Hope that helps,

Rod"

Sounds like a great place to start Troppo, you have seen the quality in the photos, a thumbs up from me.
    Why me ?

H,

For those of us that have never ordered sight unseen from an importer before, are there any pitfalls or things we should be wary of?

Obviously, when buying in person you have the ability to hand pick your fish and it sounds like a daunting prospect to put it in the hands of someone else. Although Brett's pics speak volumes for buying from someone reputable.

Brad