San Merah Discus

FS: Circle-in-circle discus on offer... *Withdrawn*

One of the breeders in Penang has offered me some of these rare and exotic discus.... the Circle-in-circle (Ring Leopards).

They are rather pricey for me to buy and sit the fish in the shop, so I thought I would offer them to the forum at heavily discounted rates to see if there are any takers.

On special special offer:

4x Top grade 3" Ring Leopards - $450 ea (These fish will actually look like the picture above at 3inch with clear ring markings!).... regular retail price $680.

or

6x second grade 2.5" Ring Leopards - $200ea (These fish have a few rings showing now, but more mayl appear as the fish grows larger)... regular retail price $450

*The conditions of this order is that buyer must pay 50% of the cost of the fish upfront to confirm the order and remaining amount b4 fish are released from quarantine. Utmost care will be taken in quarantine, but buyer will have to wear the loss (touch wood) of the deposit should the unlikely event that the fish dies in quarantine. (Fish will be frozen kept and sent as proof if need be).
    (*I hate doing this part.... but it's got to be agreed upon upfront if you know what I mean...*)

Interested parties must confirn their order by 2morrow afternoon the latest as fish will be packed and on the plane by Monday nite!

If there are no takers, I will pass on the fish....

kev

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Very nice...an importer here in United States used to sell those..he named them BLIZZARDS ...he stopped selling them because mysteriously they developed peppering in his hands..he no longer sells them ,also i think his none of them had the stress bar in the head/ eye..BTW Kev do you know who is the breeder of that strain in your pic..
    GOT DRAMA FOR ALL YO MAMAZ!!

San Merah Discus
    Blizzards are a completely different strain... The peppering is due to the inheritance of some pigeon blood. I have something similar to the 'Blizzard' (much improved form) coming on my next shipment... a certain farm calls them the "Ruby Storm".

The Ring leopard fish's lineage comes from Turquoise-Leopard-Ring leopard, hence will never pepper. When they are stressed, they show the 9 bars. Blizzards show no baring (another characteristic of the pigeon line).

There are very few Ring leopards in circulation at this point in time. I hear some of those that I passed up on are headed for the States...

kev

wow kev thats intresting, the turq-leopard-ring leopard. Do you know how other strains are made.?? It as facinating topic that ive always wondered about.