adjustable RDS reverese osmosis system

Hi guys,

Psi filters selling this R/o system for aquarium use, that allows u to adjust the output TDS. Can anyone validate this?

Is this ideal for discus breeding?

would this be a better option to reconstituting pure RO?

I never use re-mins salts, no need. I reconstitute with filtered tap water. This is produced by tapping off water after the first 2 pod filters just befire the membrane.
    So to answer, yes, it can work.
    Why me ?

Just an Egg

Re: adjustable RDS reverese osmosis system

I bought one of them not long ago and just setup a batch of RO water with the TDS of 150 tdsm, I live in perth and the water is a bit hard about 260tds
    I thought I break in the Fish slowly untill I get the water down to about 100 tds.
    The PSI filters have a valve so that you can set the TDS to what ever ratio you require, please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
    Mike

Tiny Fry
    I've been using one of those for a couple of years,. If you get the chloramine filter you'll never have to dechloronate your water again!

They do have a valve to and an electronic dial so that you can determine the TDS.

They are very reliable and good value IME.

R

Just an Egg

Re: adjustable RDS reverese osmosis system

I bought one of them not long ago and just setup a batch of RO water with the TDS of 150 tdsm, I live in perth and the water is a bit hard about 260tds
    I thought I break in the Fish slowly untill I get the water down to about 100 tds.
    The PSI filters have a valve so that you can set the TDS to what ever ratio you require, please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
    Mike

Thanks for the reply guys, How much does the system produce? i would imagine with the bypass, the rate of production will be much higher?

Also, Will this system allow a float valve and automatic shut off system?

Just an Egg
    Roughly evey 1 liter it produces 1.5 Liter of waste water.
    You should be able to setup a automatic shut off system, but it does not come with float valve.

I also use a booster pump because my water pressure is not great. This allows me to get a 1:1 ratio of product to waste. I have both an electronic and auto shut off when it fills my holding tank to the right level.
    Why me ?