Medium Discus

Eheim 2080 Head PSI Pressure Rating

Hi All,

Ok so i have been running my 2080's for i think over 6 months now. So far i am very happy with them. However, as my tank is on the larger side I am wanting to increase the flow rate as I am finding flow is not sufficient at the moment.

I currently use Loc line for outflow and am thinking of getting peductors/enductors(?) which creates a ventri effect.

So i have been doing some reading and am hoping some of the tech's here may be familiar with the PSI rating of the 2080 pump?

The going rate for flow accelerator use is about 7 gallons per minute (GPM) with a 10psi pressure pump (to achieve the (supposibly) 400% increase).

So i make the max flow of 1700LPH at around 7.5GPM. I just don't know if the pump will be ok with the back pressure these things apparently cause? Are the 2080's pressure rated? The canisters are about 2ft under the tank, pumping water up through the bottom of the tank.

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.co...prod_1007.html

Cheers
    Aaron

They're not preassure rated as such, they run on a siphonic intake, that is water can only eneter the filter as fast as gravity can pull it trhough a 32mm hose (2x 16mm internal diameter ~2800l/h), also being a super low wattage pump (30w) with massive flow (1200l/h) the preassure is always going to be low, best off to add a power head for more flow.

Medium Discus
    Ok so your saying that one of these on the outflow will end up damaging the pump... i noticed these being used on a lot of marine tanks - probably why I couldnt find informaqtion on using these with canister filters. I guess they are all using sumps etc with the correct pumps.

Darn. Ok thanks mate.
    Aaron