Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some New Juvies

Medium Discus

Some New Juvies

Have been in quarantine now for about 4 weeks. They will stay in this tank for another month or so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1000121.jpg   p1000122_207.jpg  
    Aaron

Nice looking fish Aaron.
    Considering how close you are to Homebush, is it safe to assume you got these from Nick at Sydney discus world? You're lucky to live so close to that shop.
    He had some nice, clean BD in there when I last visited a few weeks ago. It took a lot of self control not to buy any!
    You'll see the Red Rose I got there a couple of months ago from him in a post in this section.. I only went in there for worming medication!

Medium Discus
    Hi Mate,

IMO that place and that owner should be shut out of business. He has no idea about keeping discus and has the worst kept discus i haver ever seen. Im sure you will find lots of debated posts about this shop and the owner - who of which was banned from this forum.

DONT SHOP THERE! I hope you quarantined your purchase and completed a very strict treatment program. I have been watching that shop for the last few months out of interest after i went there to find him showing me bags of dead discus within 5 minutes of being there. He said it was due to a power failure! The 4 or 5 times i have gone in there since, i have seen nothing but stunted, sick and infested discus! Now i have heard stories of before i went to this shop and they dont get any better.

I guess you now know i did not get these from there. But like i said. IMO.

I got these juvies from JMS carlingford. Who is also close to me. About 10 minutes. Its hard to find quality A in Sydney... but i am happy with these for my tank.
    Aaron

WOW..
    I haven't had any of these probs with him. Granted, I have seen some fish there that aren't great but they have always seemed to be the exception. Also, as you say, finding good quality Discus in Sydney is hard work. I'll definately have a look at JMS. I'm always on the lookout for a reliable shop.
    Cheers

Medium Discus
    Yeah sorry,

I don't mean to offend anyone or dismiss the fact that some people may have had success through this shop. I just know from personal experience viewing and from first hand accounts of customers that have purchased stock through this retailer that have had big troubles leading to death - only to find an agrogant and rude owner who doesnt follow through with the service needed during a time of need.

Anyway , enough of that shop. I just thought if you were not aware then you should take caution.

Next time you are up, give me a yell and if im free then i will take you too a couple of places. There are some threads here with peoples fav shops to go too. JMS and Fish rock, both not far from me, have had good reviews and i can take you there. Some others in east sydney we can go to too if you want.

I wish Xtreme was still open.
    Aaron

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    JMS is definately my fav as far as discus go. Its also lots of fun trying to haggle her down in price too. I dropped in there today but unfortunately only has the dregs from the last batch.

Ditto on the Homebush shop. I have only been there once and would not go again. Poor quality, poorly kept and over priced IMHO. The price tags on hardware, food etc has to be seen to be believed. They make Auburn Aquarium look cheap. That was 6mths ago though so i guess things may have picked up since then.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

No offence taken.. it's great to hear opinoins and experiences from others. I'm down south of Wollongong were all the lfs look at you like you're crazy when you ask about Discus and any that you do find are terrible and poorly kept.
    Feel free to list your fav shops guys.. I'm happy to explore.

I finally had the chance to get to JMS yesterday. Unfortunately it looked like I was there at the end of a shipment also as there was very little there t choose from., but they did all look well kept though (with the odd exception) and you guys were right on the price. Very cheap for the size!
    I ended up coming away with a nice BD - hopefully female.
    Thanks again for the info on this shop guys.
    Has anyone compiled a list of good quality LFS for Discus around the Sydney area (apart from the sponsors of course)?

I finally had the chance to get to JMS yesterday. Unfortunately it looked like I was there at the end of a shipment also as there was very little there t choose from., but they did all look well kept though (with the odd exception) and you guys were right on the price. Very cheap for the size!
    I ended up coming away with a nice BD - hopefully female.
    Thanks again for the info on this shop guys.
    Has anyone compiled a list of good quality LFS for Discus around the Sydney area (apart from the sponsors of course)?

Nice looking BD's Aaron
    Why me ?