Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wild blue tank

Just an Egg

wild blue tank

this is my 6 x 2 x 2. mostly wild blues and a few wild browns. thanks for looking. i must say that wild blues are a delight to keep. bold and happy to try new foods.... sorry about the weird labels...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blue_fish_010.jpg   horse_paddock_041.jpg   horse_paddock_050.jpg  

very nice fish and tank you have there tc

Blue Diamond Discus
    nice... I would love to see a full tank pic

Medium Discus
    Lovely set-up. What is that aquarium backgriound you 'appear' to be using ? Also, you're obviously using some lovely mangrove roots but what plants have you got in there ? I am jelosu of your fish too!!!

SnakeSkin Discus
    They look stunning. I gotta say though, I'm very jealous of your algae growth on that driftwood. Looks very nice.

Just an Egg

wild blues

thankyou for your kind words fellow discus slaves .
    more details of my tank are - the background is painted styrofoam. tried to make it look like roots. i have added another photo which shows more of it. it is difficult to get a whole tank photo due to the room configuration... but i will see and add later. the algae growth has been a problem until i stopped worrying about it! i just remove chunks of it when i clean the sand. fish don't seem to care.
    plants - amazon bleheri appears to be pretty happy considering the low light levels. i have 2 anubias on wood but they are about to come out because they are not thriving at all.
    filtration consists of a 4ft sump with a drip flitration system added above it. media is matrix, bioballs and purigen. i also have a eheim 2215 attached to a pondmaster UV which has made a huge difference to the fish's health. i have 2 300 watt heaters in the sump but added one more into the tank for the winter - you can see it in the photo but i will remove it as soon as it is warmer enough here.

water here in canberra is very soft - i just pump it into a drum, add HCL and prime to it - (pH 6) leave it overnight with a heater and an air stone. then change 25% next day.
    i would highly recommend wild blues and browns to anyone. from the moment i received them they have been fantastic. i have learnt some thing about wilds though - eg. to worm them or treat for gill flukes i dose the entire tank (to hell with the expense) as catching them so freaks them out that they takes weeks recover. and the stress of watching them be stressed nearly killed me!
    there is a pair in the group that lay eggs when i do a large water change or there is a storm, but at this stage i have not done anything about separating them.
    it is definitely true that the larger the group the happier they are as individuals. happy to answer any questions and share my mistakes as i have have made plenty.
    t

i
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wild_033.jpg  

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    I cant say im a big fan of the set up but those fish are fan bloody tastic.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

Hi tc

Absolutely stunning group of wilds. I am very jealous of you beautiful tank.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    How big is the tank?
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

Just an Egg
    Very nice tank and fish.