Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Medium Discus

What Apistos Where ?

What Apistos Where ?

Perhaps we can start a thread to notify other forums members of where we have seen Apistogrammas available.

October 13th. This week in Melbourne I have seen the following Apistos...

A.trifasciata rio gupore, A.hongsloi, A.macmasteri (breeding pair), A.juruensis, A.trifasciata maciliensis and A.cacatuoides at Blackburn Aquarium. They also have kribensis subocelatus and some Rams

A.macmasteri, A.juruensis, A.hongsloi at All Aquarium in Mulgrave. They also have kribensis pulcher

Larvae
    Last Saturday 10th Oct

St kilda Aquarium
    A.trifasciata pair
    A.nijsseni - german bread breeding pair
    A.hongsloi pair

There was also a viejita breeding pair but they came home with me

Medium Discus

From Bayfish

Today I was in formed that Bayfish have A.nijsseni, 3 varients of A.agassizi (blue-tale / red rail / super-red,) 2 varients of A.viejita, A.hippolytae, A.panduro and some others

Medium Discus

Blackburn Aquarium

Blackburn Aquarium (Melbourne) as of yesterday April 28th - has A.cacatuoides blue, A.bitaeniata, A.trifasciata, A.macmasteri along with Pelviochromis suboscelatus and dicrosus filamentosus

Wrigglers
    Hey Hassles,

what did the blue cac's look like ? I confess, Ive never kept A. cacatoides

Cheers

Steph
    Current fish: A. baenschi, A. agassizi tefe, A. panduro, M ramirezi
    Past Fish: A. agassizi, A. gibbiceps, A. iniridae, A. trifasciata, A. agassizi alenquer,

Medium Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by steph
    Hey Hassles,

what did the blue cac's look like ? I confess, Ive never kept A. cacatoides

Cheers

Steph

Firstly the fish were not overly large but they did appear somewhat under coloured to my thinking. This is often the cae when fish are kept in denuded tanks eg: bare bottom. IF I had enough tank space to satisfy myself I would have given them a home just to see for myself.

If you want some triple reds I have some I want / need gone. You just need the tank.

take care

Wrigglers
    blue cacs? are they actually blue? I've seen orange and I've seen the reds, but blue...? A better description is needed thanks Hassles.
    A. trifasciata, A. cacatuoides (Orange Flash), A. bitaeniata, M. ramirezi, too many Discus, a husband and a few kids :P

It is a closer to wild coloration. Have a look here:

http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=9945

Steve

Hi, I'm New Here!
    hey,

i have actually ordered in some of the blue cacs at my work as i was also curious and was quite disappointed in their appearance, they sort of look like triple red crosses? they are quite nice but not blue at all.

i also got a pair of borellii in for myself and the male came in with a nasty injury on his side and died the next day, the female is perfect but now have my mind set on trifasciata and also don't was to order another male of them (bayfish) so...if anyone is interested in a nice lil female borellii she is at petstock braeside waiting for a new home lol oh and the "blue" cac's haha they are nice but not quite what they are meant to be lol i will try take my camera in tomoz and take a pic of them so you can see.

carmy

Hi, I'm New Here!
    forgot to mention, my other work "all aquariums" also has a few different types atm to, the only one i can remember rite now is "blue face" i will have a look next time i'm there and post it up

carmy