Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great to hear from you too TW.

How are your fish going?
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

yes mezz pics we want pics lol

Good to hear the site is getting a face lift!
    I still visit here a couple of times a week despite not having kept fish for quite a while now due to my work commitments. I'm hoping to start up a discus tank again some time in the near future.
    As others have said the quality discus have dried up a lot in the past 2 years, the hobby really seems to have taken a dive!

I think the forums could really use some more interaction from the sponsors, there is very little going on and special offers to forum members would be a good way to get a bit of excitement going and discussion with people trying out their new products. just a thought.

Cheers
    Dave
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

Just an Egg
    Hi Merrilyn,
    I am new around here but just thought I would say hello seeing that we are relatively close in proximity. I live in Ballarat ..... just up the road, so to speak. Have seen older pics of your wild discus which are beautiful. Would love to see some newer ones.
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn
    Great to hear from you too TW.

How are your fish going?
    I won't clutter up this thread too much, but I've gone through a rough patch. 2 new discus (in QT) brought disease & I cross contaminated most of my tanks. 18 discus sick. 15 died (10 were my beloved wild discus). 3 survived but will never be mixed with my other stock. The planted tank remained 100% healthy. That's what helped keep me going. If ever you're bored, the start of the troubles are set out here http://www.discusforums.com/forum/vi...298&highlight= Jothy, Mike & others were a great help to me during this time & I'm very grateful to this forum, as otherwise I may not even have the 3 that did survive.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Blue Diamond Discus
    Oh Merrylin I am so glad you are back. I was worried about you and did often wonder what had happened. .

Wrigglers
    The implementation of a Wiki, finally (http://www.discusforums.com/forum/vi...056&highlight=), is great news. One of the challanges with this forum (which is not specific to this forum) is the number of posts for basic information that is available in various threads, but people don't want to spend the time looking for it. A wiki system edited by approved moderators should notably reduce the 'keeping discus 101' questions that tend to clog this forum, and reduce the load on moderators/admins to manage these threads.

I'd be willing to help with setting this up (if I can) because I believe this will furher improve an already awsome site.

Quote Originally Posted by aquafrogstuff
    I'd be willing to help with setting this up (if I can) because I believe this will furher improve an already awsome site.
    Volunteers gratefully accepted, once we have some more concrete details on how things will be set up we will be in touch.

Thank you

Oh TW I'm so sorry to hear your terrible news. No one could have tried harder or done more for those fish.

Sadly it's a scenario I hear of all too often - a beautiful tank with happy, healthy fish, turning into a disaster with the introduction of new fish.

There are so many awful diseases out there, that are becoming resistant to antibiotics, everyone's tank is at risk.

Robyn, rest assured that you did everything possible. I hope the rest of your fish continue to improve.

We are so very lucky to have people like Jothy and Mike and others on this forum, who are willing to share their invaluable expertise and knowledge with members.

What a wonderful community this is. I'm delighted to be a part of it.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Free Swimmer
    All i can say is RED it is about bloody time you came back !!!

Cheers

Andrew