Thread: breeding tanks

Hi, I'm New Here!

breeding tanks

hi my 1st post i have nine 60,15,15 in my fish house that i was thinking of using for growing fish on can split up if i have to i also have 18 24,12,12s what i want to use for my pairs i know they are small but its all i can use i have 3 36,12,12 as well would i get away with using the 2 and 3 footers for breeding pairs i have 24 18,12 10 high would they be ok for small fry or am i best using them for something else

Medium Discus

Re: breeding tanks

Quote Originally Posted by p charlton
    hi my 1st post i have nine 60,15,15 in my fish house that i was thinking of using for growing fish on can split up if i have to i also have 18 24,12,12s what i want to use for my pairs i know they are small but its all i can use i have 3 36,12,12 as well would i get away with using the 2 and 3 footers for breeding pairs i have 24 18,12 10 high would they be ok for small fry or am i best using them for something else
    I would 'suspect' that these tanks ain't gonna hold as much water as would be deemed ideal if discus are your thing

2x1x1 is fine for breeding my pairs always fdid well in 24x12x14 filled about an inch from the top.

as long as you can keep your water stable (lots of regular changes there isn't a problem with any of your tanks, use the 2 and 3 footers as breeders and the bigger tanks as grow outs, with that many tanks you'd better invest in 1 or even 2 1000L water aging drums.