Zucchini Feeding

What am I doing wrong? Is there some trick to not polluting the water when feeding zucchini.

What I do is slice a piece, dig out the seeds & then attach it to my screwcumber thingy & put it in the bottom of the tank. It only stays there 24hrs, but already by then the water is cloudy & there are fine bits of stringy zucchini in the water column. The water gets a 50% change daily, but i can never suck up all the little floaty bits.

How do you all feed zucchini & do you find the same problem - or is it just me
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

I cut my zeuks into 8th's so once along the zeuck into halk then across each half into quarrters then along each quater into 8ths, i remove all the seeds and usually a little flesh.

to get fish to eat them for the first time i blanch them (dunk into boiling water count to 3 then dunk into cold water, this softens the zeuk, you can also freeze excess cut zeuk.

i add it once lights go off, by morning its gone, if you dont have many fish maybe cut each 8th into half again.

Thanks Jothy. I think the main problem was I was leaving the zucchini in the tank 24hrs, instead of 12. Cutting it up your way works better too

I put one piece in last night, 12 hours later took it out & put in another piece. The water quality was a lot better & it had all been eaten. Put another one in tonight & so far, they aren't touching it. Seems they're full now.

I hope it helps those tiny fry I got from you. As you know, one didn't make it. I've now noticed that one of them has not really grown at all, but the other has grown to twice the size. I have spotted the runt munching on zucchini, so I hope he catches up soon. He isn't the smartest. At first he spent most of his time trying to munch on the skin side of the zucchini, but I think he has got the idea now.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

the skin contains most of the vitamins, if he's a runt hes proably craving the stuff he needs to grow, my gravid females usually munch on the skin first, i gues they know what they need.

I cut the seeds out too cause they don't eat the seeds and they tend to clog up my hang on filters.

I don't blanch or freeze, i just throw it in. if it's not gone in 24 hrs i take it out.

it's the best bet to only put in a small amount each time so that it's eaten quickly.
    my Flickr photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27593184@N05/
    my YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattzilla5000#p/u
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><( (((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((( (º>
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    `·.¸¸.·´><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Hi, I'm New Here!
    were you blanching the zucc? i used to get the stringy bits floating around, but i changed the cooking time on the zuch (for fry) and the problem mostly went away

8 hours max .... I put it in before bed ...take it out as soon as I get up.
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "