Thread: Feeding problem

Hi, I'm New Here!

Feeding problem

I have been feeding my discus home made Rocky mountain beefheart for 4 months. They were doing well on it but just stopped eating. They will only tackle live food or occasionally bloodworm. Would the beefheart go off even when well packed and frozen. Any sugestions. It does have a slight smell to it lately that I didnt notice before.

Larvae
    Maybe it's time to get a pack. Or check their faeces, are they white? It could be an indicator of hex or worms.

Hi, I'm New Here!

feeding problem

Pack of what. Was thinking of a food change altogether or make up a new batch of B/H.

Larvae
    Sorry, should have been more concise. I mean make up a new pack of beef heart.

Just an Egg
    I don't feed my discus the same food all the time - they need a variety - its the same for humans - if we eat bangas and mash all the time - after 4 months - i can guarantee you wont want to even look at another sausage again.

I feed mine a rotation of BH, Live BW, Pellets, BS and Frozen BW.

HTH

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks George makes sence. Just didnt think of it. Iworked on the principle of Once on a good thing stick with it. Do you think B.H would go off.

Just an Egg
    I would assume so - all foods can only be kept in the freezer for a certain amount of time before it gets freezer burn - i should imaging BH is no different?

How long was it frozen for?