Thread: Hiya

Hi, I'm New Here!

Hiya

Hi All

I am currently setting up a Discus display tank. It has just finished cycling and now im on the hunt for the fish. Not planning on adding any for a few more weeks but want to plan ahead.

I guess one of the main points i have taken from this site is patience is a virtue

I have been looking around at a few suppliers and would like some feedback on reputable guys.

I am going to take a drive up to Discus World and have a look at their fish but i have also been looking at another guy in Cairns.

Was just wondering if any one else had brought fish from these guys and what quality they were?

Welcome to Discus forums. I cannot advise on who to buy from as I am in the UK, but I would look at the sponsors of the site for quality fish.

H
    Why me ?

Blue Diamond Discus
    Hello and welcome....

There are many fantastic discus in the Brisbane area.
    I guess the decision of WHERE to shop based on BUDGET and SIZE/AGE of the fish as well as location.
    We've heard many great stories here about Discus world for those wanting juvi's or large quantities of discus on a budget. Downside is the time and distance of travel to Harvey Bay.
    Then there are a number of LFS here in Brisbane both on the north and south sides who sell some fantastic discus and are worth checking out.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks guys.

Matt is there any chance you could please send me a list of your top 5 lfs in Bris? Or better yet the ones to avoid :P

Looking at possibly 8-10 Juvi's to get me started.

Blue Diamond Discus
    From my experiences purchasing juvi's from your LFS can be a headache. They get moved around alot and are not always kept in the conditions required for them to grow to there maximum growth rate. Hence why we see alot of stunted discus in the industry which is really sad.

If your not looking for adults and want 10 juvi's then I think you have already found the best supplier and they are only a few hours away from Brisbane.

I'll send u a PM of the top 5 places to visit otherwise.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks for the info.

I have allready found a few of those :P

Still undecided whether to go juvi's or adults. It would be fun to watch them grow but there is also something to be said for a completed tank.