Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HA HA HA HA
    Why me ?

Free Swimmer
    Hey Vspec

It is a shame that you feel that way
    In all honesty is it that hard to ask a mod to "edit/remove a post?" seriously, thats all it is.
    It's a question to a mod to change a post ?

And even if they say no "well ,you can always make a post underneath it correcting yourself"

Cheers mate

Andrew

I think the dummy got 'spat out' already Tommo, he's gone.

Edit, I might be wrong though
    Why me ?

Quote Originally Posted by mitsui
    You made a spelling mistake swampy you better edit your post
    Got me.. Lucky there's an edit function. :P

There are 28 topic areas, of these 26 have the edit feature available. None have the delete feature.

I still cant see what the issue is

No issues Proteus, we are all happy campers here Well, most of us
    Why me ?

Blue Diamond Discus BigDaddyAdo's Avatar
    Which 2 dont have the edit feature?

I dont see a problem with not having an edit button. I prefer it as on other forums i see alot of threads that make no sense because useres have gone back and changed there posts after others have responded.
    I don't get drunk I get AWESOME!!!

edit is a Massive problem in the classifides section, generally some one posts something at 1 price then changes their mind and bumps it up after someelse has already transfered money to them. there no real way to prove it unless you've got admin right to see when the post was modified.

The senario that Ado has outlined above is another good reason to leave things the way they are.

It's way too much hassel, as said before 26/28 have edit as a feature, for the remaining 2 sections PM me what you want changed and i'll look after it, It's really not that hard.

The News & Announcements topic area only allows replies to regular members, The Classifieds also has higher permission levels for the reason that Illusn mentioned above.

The lounge did have higher security levels but they have been relaxed somewhat and edit is available

Larvae
    Nothing like abit of confrontation to bring about change.

Its all about perspective people. It may not seem like much, & regardless how trivial it seems after the fact, however Ive got my perspective on this subject, its a principle stance so i posted it.
    I at least attempted to search for something relating, finding the exact same subject matter i was going to post anyways, so logicly why not use the thread already created. admittedly a broken trail of site issues relating to the past & less than accomidating tone caused me to dig in!

Yes, i'll take any comments on the chin, (even yours ado, although prob best to avoid in public) cause ive given just as much in verbal mouthfuls, so its to be expected.

Im definately not here to stir up sh^t. - yeah, I can be alittle confrontational on some issues, hard habbit to kick as im not used to sitting on the sidelines, so please dont take it as a disrespectful attack, cause thats not what i try to portray by default.
    I'm logical, so i can defineatly see reason regardless of topic.
    So given the topic at hand, Yes, totally, keeping the principle for classifieds forum is understandable. However for the rest, ive already stated my peice on the subject, so im not revisiting it!

As i said, im not here to be the sites common enemy. As much as i do enjoy the odd blow-out and happy to do anything solo, 95% of the time im for a common goal - To make the site a better experience for all involved.

Although, for the rest of you vocal types - still more than happy to take exit votes off the island if thats what you think though, cause at least that gets the sideline people out of the woodwork & posting
    Pure curiosity of quality potential sledging was too hard to resist, so i revisited after showing my back to the place!
    "We had gay burglars the other night, they broke in and rearranged the furniture!!"
    -Robin Williams-