Medium Discus

My new 36W UV Installed

Some pics of the new setup. Its a 36 watt unit connected to a small Eheim canister. The other side of the tank has another Ehiem 2026, this way I get two filters and two heaters at each end of the tank.

I did have a smaller UV 11w on the 2026 however with the high flowrate and now 450 litre tank I thought it was undersized. However I must say I have not noticed any improvement to water clarity since installign the larger unit. What I have noticed is that the new UV increases the tank temp by at least 2 degree's on the hotter days we have had in the last month or so. I have had to turn one heater off and keep the lid open.

I also took the time to insulate the tubing and hope to block out algea growth at the same time.

I purchased some insulation from Clark Rubber to go around the tubing:

The Juwel Vision 450 does not have much room in those stupid little cupboards. I tried my best to keep it neat, with the ability to easily remove the filter for cleaning.

My online Aquarium www.rjconway.homeip.net

Larvae
    Nice, were is the pics of the Tank

NICE MATE!
    how's it effecting your redox? bigger unit should have more of an effect on your orp

Medium Discus
    Illusion,

ORP has not changed well at least no noticeable difference in readings.

The tank was pretty good prior to the addition of the bigger unit, anyhow I trust its killing the things I cannot see.

I have started to purchase parts for a nano reef tank (just about ready to start a cycle) as my Discus tank is maxed out of stuff to add, change buy or monitor....Longer term plan maybe to ditch the fw and change the tank over to saltwater. The juwel 450 tank cabinet would need massive mods and the tank drilled. Thus I'll try my hand at what could be more difficult in keeping a small nano-reef (35 litres).
    My online Aquarium www.rjconway.homeip.net