Hi, I'm New Here!

L number catfish and discus

hi everyone i am new to the world of discus,
    my husband breeds L number catfish and he has given me a spare tank to use for a display tank but he wants to put a few of his fry in it and i have to "work around him" lol.
    anyway the tank is a 4x2x2, it has an otto canister filter and an internal as well. at the moment it has a black substrate and a few large pieces of driftwood and lots of those bristlenose logs.
    he has 6 L201 6 L333 and 9 L134 in there ranging from 3cm to 8cm.
    he said that he will be moving the L134 from the tank to a breeding tank when i decide what i want to do.
    anyway so would these fish go well with discus at all?
    would the discus attack or annoy the catfish at all?
    oh and i am about to research discus foods but the L numbers are getting fed sera viformo, hikari carnivour pellets and wardleys algae wafers. do discus eat these foods or are they more vegie eaters?

if they would go well, how many discus could i put in the tank to growout? i would want to purchase little ones to watch them grow.

any help would be really appreciated. thanks.

those fish will be fine with discus, when he gets the L134's and L333's going give me a yell I'd love some for my 6x2x2 discus tank

with black substrate try and avoid any pigion based fish like redmelons, marlbrough reds, pearl pigions golden pigions etc, they will pepper up badly, turks would look nice , snow whites would be a nice contrast as would blue diamonds, i had my rose reds in with a black substrate and looked stunning, deep burgandy red on a black background.

with that many catfish keep up the water changes, they like to poo

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    those fish will be fine with discus, when he gets the L134's and L333's going give me a yell I'd love some for my 6x2x2 discus tank

with black substrate try and avoid any pigion based fish like redmelons, marlbrough reds, pearl pigions golden pigions etc, they will pepper up badly, turks would look nice , snow whites would be a nice contrast as would blue diamonds, i had my rose reds in with a black substrate and looked stunning, deep burgandy red on a black background.

with that many catfish keep up the water changes, they like to poo
    When you say pepper up badly, what do you mean? I've been thinking of getting some marlbrough reds for my aquarium, but I have a black substrate.
    The king of the tank!