Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Larvae

Pricing of wild discus in Aus....

I still remember before there were hardly any wilds for sale and if they were for sale they were usually at $300+. I went to a LFS the other day and found they had 2 wild caught blue's, adult size only for 150$ each. They looked really good and had a nice round body and were swimming around in the front. What do you guys think, is that a good price?

Sounds good. My recent browns & blues were listed at $200, but because I bought a couple, I paid $180 each. So, I think that $150 is a good price & if you like them, you should grab them.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Same LFS has some newly arrived wilds. They're listed as wild blues, but I really suspect they might be wild greens. I bought 4 of them & I'm really happy with them. The other blues they have for $150, I think might be browns, but they are very nice looking. I have enough browns, so I didn't get any of them.

They are in QT & still very much need to settle in.

Robyn, they are lovely fish, but look quite thin, feed 'em up!
    Why me ?

Do you think so? They look quite big & thick to me, but I defer to your expertise. It might be the angle of the shot? They are very good eaters (just not beef heart as yet ). Poops look healthy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost weight during their recent travels (Amazon > Germany > Australia > LFS QT > LFS Display > My QT). They apparently did suffer from the travel & at one stage were quite black & were still a little dark when I brought them home on New Year's Eve. They have lightened up a lot & already recognise me as a source of food.

Hollowman, Heiko Bleher just confirmed they are skinny. I was just going by their head on look, but I think I see what you are both saying now. Side on you can see the ridges & bumps of their bones???

I wish they would eat the beef heart, as that would fatten them the quickest. So far, they eat flake, brine shrimp & bloodworms. I will do my best to fatten them up.

Blue Diamond Discus
    Very nice Robyn

Thanks lpiasente

Hollowman, if you pop back in this thread, are they looking a little less skinny yet. They seem to be eating well, including beef heart now, & I hope I'm feeding them enough.

Earlier pic you commented on them being skinny

Tonight's Picture

There is a 4th, but he was just outside the camera frame when I took the pic. He looks much the same.

they are looking real good. great job!

Blue Diamond Discus
    WOW....!!! talk about a perfect picture... Robyn they are absolutely gorgeous fish.