Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank upgrade

Medium Discus
    Yaaay , so ive paid and ordered the 2080's yesterday. Should be here in a week or so. The 780L tank should love these babies. Im on the home stretch (its slow when you take your time to do it right the first time) now and all i need next is the CO2 and substrate before i can plant and cycle the tank. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO.

I should be getting the Co2 when i pick up the filters. I have my car rego due though so i may have to prioritise...... YEAAAAH Co2!
    Aaron

Medium Discus
    Picked up my filters from xtreme on Sunday. These things are beasts. I took them straight home and placed them next to the 3ft tank holding my discus. I walked away only to return to my fish 'wolf whistling', calling out, shaking and struting their stuff up and down the tank. My hussey of a red melon even ducked across to her corner to pretty herself up a little before coming back for the biggest shakedown. Needless to say her partner was egging her on. Was a site to see. :P

Although my 2217 was a little intimidated, he held himself well with only a slight burp and a huff.

I didnt get time to pull them out of the box but will tonight. Will get some pictures of how they look.
    Aaron

congrats mate the 2080 is a real BEAST easilly the best filter I've ever owned, you wont be disapointed by it.

Medium Discus
    Thanks Jothy. They are pretty cool.

Here are some picks so far. I will get more shots of them hooked up tonight with the UV. It took me about an hour to unpack, clean the media and setup the two filters to be ready. I could have easily stretched this out as i was enjoying playing with these babies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails filter_159.jpg   filter_2.jpg   filter_1.jpg  
    Aaron

Medium Discus
    Under the tank shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails full_shot.jpg   right_filter.jpg  
    Aaron

SOOOO COOL!

Medium Discus
    Thanks mate. Its coming along nicely.
    Aaron

Medium Discus
    Took her for a test run last night. She loved it. She shimmers real nice.

Then i spotted a small slow leak between the Tail and the ball valve under the tank. Its the one i ran out of teflon tape with so its a simple fix. More teflon. Im also going to put some silicon around the PVC pipe going up to the bulkhead. Because the pipe is longish there will be some flex in the pipe when i shut off the ball valve. This could weaken the glue in the bulkhead even when i hold the ball valve with my spare hand,

The 2080's are niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fill_up_1.jpg   fill_up.jpg  
    Aaron

Wrigglers
    looking good mate, been keeping a close eye on this thread. im liking the looks of it.

Medium Discus
    Cheers AussieStar
    Aaron