Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank upgrade

Medium Discus
    I must admit, i think i squealed like a little girl when i heard that. I didnt want to beleive it but couldnt not refer it on. Thanks mate
    Aaron

Medium Discus
    Got some cool pieces of driftwood at St George Aquarium. I just need to play with the layout, get some rocks and plants and see what i come up with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood_4.jpg   wood_3.jpg   wood_203.jpg  
    Aaron

Just an Egg
    Hey AHC,

Wanna fly up to California and do this at my house? I make a pretty good quesadilla. In all seriousness, your tank design is very impressive. I can't wait to see the progress.

Medium Discus
    Hi Mate,

Thank you so much for the support. This forum has given me so much help and im only too happy to share my progress with everyone. Im glad i can post and get feedback along the way.

HAHAH Im starting to play lotto again so if i win then i will be there in a heart beat. Quesadilla, a few beers and building a tank sounds pretty sweet. I love mexican influenced foods so your offer sounds awesome.

Thanks again
    Aaron

Blue Diamond Discus
    Awsome driftwood. It all looks great.

Medium Discus
    Thanks lpiasente

So a big thanks to Jothy i was able to find a nice sand for my tank that wasnt too yellow and dark. I washed it out and put it in yesterday. I used 1.5 bags but have another 1.5 bags left as i will need to add more as the sand will compact down once its wet. I also changed how the left hand driftwood sits. Cleaning the wood up was kind of annoying as these stringy bits keep coming off.

Im kind of wishing i did a slightly different design now. In keeping with what i want i shouldn't have had the channel (which will hopefully be a cave) going through the golden ratio mark. Personal preference i guess but im kind of over seeing it in a lot of tanks. I put in a picture of what im thinking i should have done. I might keep what i have though as im keen to learn how to make a cave from plants. Your thoughts are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails full_shot_with_sand.jpg   left_shot_with_s.jpg   design.jpg  
    Aaron

Wrigglers
    Aaron, loioking really good. Great bits of driftwood with real character. Can't wait till you get it up and running. starting to get more excited than you are. Congrats, Dwayne

Medium Discus
    Cheers Dwayne,

Yeah i think im getting more nervous than anything else - May possibly be moving earlish next year so will probably have it running for a little while before i have to pull it down to move. That aside im really enjoying setting up this tank. Its such a great experience.
    Aaron

when you need a hand moving give me a tell mate.

Medium Discus
    Thanks mate. I definately will. I will be getting some of those glass suckers to help us. Im thinking it may be around April if i have too.

Aaron