Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tank upgrade

Medium Discus
    Thanks - yeah i can't wait. Im off to get some more sand this weekend. Then either this weekend or next i will be going out to get more wood.

Yeah riccia gets messy. I only liked it when i stapled it to the wood and it grew like a little tree. Jothy showed me that trick when i was picking up the plecos.
    Aaron

Yeah riccia gets messy. I only liked it when i stapled it to the wood and it grew like a little tree. Jothy showed me that trick when i was picking up the plecos.
    I put it on rocks & then secured it using hair bun nets. You twist it around and around & it holds the riccia in place. It quickly grows up & through the netting, until you can no longer see the netting at all. Of course, you still need to trim it, and that's where the mess comes in. My rocks were all small enough that I could remove them from the tank & trim them. But even though I'd rinse them in old tank water before returning the rocks to the tank, little cut bits would always rise to the surface.

Like I said, I could cope with that in a 43G, but I initially covered the border between the sand & planted areas in my 7ft tank with riccia covered rocks. I just got plain sick of it, as it needed trimming so frequently.

So you got some of cute little peps too. My friend also bought some and she calls them her Minties LOL
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Medium Discus
    Minities HAHAHA, yeah i got to orange spot and two peps. The orange spots have grown so quickly.
    Aaron

Medium Discus
    Here are some photos to show where i got up to before deciding to change the scape. I hope you like it, although i'm hoping you will like my new layout more.

I had actually had more growth then shown in the pictures - these pics are taken quite early on. The chain sword has spread a lot and i had Riccia tied to some rocks (you can see a couple) as well as tied to the driftwood.

I had only been dosing flourish excel along with my ferts, as i decided not to go down the injected Co2 path when i was uncertain of things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ls1.jpg   fs1.jpg   fs2.jpg  
    Aaron

Medium Discus
    This is the pic i posted before but larger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ls2.jpg  
    Aaron

that is very nice. Looking forward to seeing what you've done with the newest layout.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Medium Discus
    This is my final layout. The photo was virtually taken straight after so its still a bit dirty in there. Its basically what i plan on staying with however i am yet to fine tune the layout. Place certain rocks and plants in there final location and add a few additional plants.

I will post more pictures when i have finished and added my new discus.

Then my journey is complete.
    Aaron

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Wowzas. Well let me start by saying it’s good to be getting back into the hobby. I’ve been out due to having to live in a city apartment and just could not move my tank.

Secondly, BOOOO to this sites inability to allow me to reset my password. What’s up with that? Was in me being stupid? Tried resetting but was never getting my emails. Tried contacting but you had to login to see the contact us page! It hard when can’t reset password. Also tried the contact@ausdiscus.com.au email address I could see on the site, emails we’re getting ng rejected. So much difficulty eh. Had to create a new account.

Anyway. Peace!