Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just an Egg

Anyone got T5 HO of ebay guy

I currently have a 4x18x20 with two t5x28w over it. One of the t5's has decided to die and it looks like it is the ballast that has gone. So now looks like a good time to upgrade to high out put lights. I saw these on ebay and they seem very cheap compared to other places. Has anyone purchased from these guys.
    I am looking at the 3x54w 4 foot ones and for $88 that is the cheapest I have seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=130245731284

I suggest you look at the feedback this seller has and the sellers response to feedback. That should give you a heads up.
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "

Just an Egg
    I bought my T5 lights off the same company that is selling on ebay. No problems at all with them. Got 2 lights, a 6 foot and a 2 foot.
    I would buy from them again.
    Why not?

with aquarium equipment you get what you pay for, in the long run it will probably still be cheaper but not by much.

Hi, I'm New Here!

ebay t5 lights

i bought the 3ft version and am very happy with mine, had it a few months now
    not sure about life length but seems of good quality and comes with fittings for hanging or sitting

comes well packaged and couriered too

Just an Egg
    Thanks for all the replies looks like people have good things to say about them. I am going to give the 4foot triple fitting a try and see how it goes.

4 foot triple is garbage get the 4 foot dual instead. Its got a curved reflector in it and puts out 2x the light for 2/3 the power of the triple which has a flat reflector. Better yet find a reef octopus dealer and for 200 youll have a t5 ho light with perfect reflectors and 4x the light of the triple unit for the same power consumption as the dual. As samir said you get what you pay for. If you buy any light off this seller get a surge protecter. The balasts are only rated for 220v not 240v so even the smallest surge means buying a new light.

Just an Egg
    Thanks for that tip Illusn about the surge protector. That is an interesting point about the 220v ballast. I will have to check the one I have at home tonight as it has a dead ballast maybe it was only rated 220v that one was purchased from a lighting shop approx two years ago and no one ever mentioned a surge protector then to me.
    I have since found out that seller oly offers a 6month warranty on the light too. Not to keen on that short amount of time for a $100 or more purchase.

The reef octopus one sounds interesting do you happen to know if there are any dealers in brisbane or anyone who does mail order to brisbane for them or a sponsor that sells them.

Just an Egg
    A big thank you from me too Illusn.I was about to get a 3' triple.I'll put the cash I just saved towards a moonlight!
    Cheers,fud.

Just an Egg
    After all the searching and research it looks like I might get the Hagen Glo ballast and setup my own lights that way I can space them where I want. With teh money I save on that setup I can get some good quality tubes to go with it. Thanks for all the replies and I am greatful I asked some questions or I would have spend a lot of money on lights that were not that great.