Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tunze C02 Diffuser or Rhinnox 5000 Glass diffuser

My tank is around 550litres. Currently I have rhinnox 5000 glass diffuser at each end of the tank, positioned in the flow of the water return to help scatter the C02. I was planning to try to get a small pump to further disperse it, but wondering if I should try the Tunze C02 Diffuser.

I don't want anything big & ugly in the tank. It's described as being something to use when little space is available.

Does anyone have experience with the tunze. How big & bulky is it?

Or, will the 5000 glass diffuser be ok for the job in my tank, if I add a small pump.

Thanks in advance, Robyn
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

tunze isn't a big unit, the pump itsels is around 5x4x3cm and the chamber an inch in diameter and around 25cm long.

just a warning they tend to clog easily, and the metal shaft for the impeller likes to go wondering during in tank cleaning.

Thanks for quick reply. Then, am I better to stick with what I have, but add a small pump. Do you know any small, descreet little pumps that would do the job well?

I thought you had a spare eheim pump lying around? any small pump around 300L/h will be plenty, if you can mount your diffusers as close to the bottom of the tank as you can so they have more height to diffuse through.

Yes, I do have a small spare eheim pump. Had been hoping for something smaller (in size)

Just an Egg
    Have you thought about getting a reactor for a tank your size? Aquamedic make a good one. Then you can hook it up inline with your filter and they are much more efficient that diffusors. I run a single rhinox 5000 on my 300gal tank and it just manages to handle it, but next time I would go a reactor for sure.

Cheers,
    Mark

Hi Shewey

Do they sit outside the tank. Do you know the model or other details.

I have 2 x rhinnox 5000

becarefull with the external reacters, i have a dupla one and it uses 9mm connections, this is a MASSIVE restriction point for any canister, the flow through the thing is negligable if you want to give one a go you can borrow mine to try it.

Thanks for that offer, ILLUSN. I have decided to stick with the 2 x rhinnox 5000, mainly because I already have them & seems a waste not to use them. Hopefully, 2 in the tank should be enough to do the job. They will both feed from the same C02 bottle, but each has it's own bubble counter & speed controller.

Bec from Xtreme recommend this http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia..._detail&p=2055. It's apparently tiny. My plan is to put the diffuser as close to the substrate as possible, & position the pump about 2cm away. Idea is it will suck in the C02 bubbles and push them out to disperse better through the tank. I've ordered 2 of them.

Thanks for all your help.

bec would know best, man that thing looks small