Hi, I'm New Here!

Lighting Aqua One Regency 120

Hello Guys,

I currently have a an Aqua One Regency 120 (120W x 46D x 70H cm) and I am looking for ideas on lighting.

I was thinking of getting a second Aqua One lighting unit (same as the one supplied ~3ft 2x35Watt) and puting plant life globes in them although I will probably have to do some mod to suspend the two units in the hood.

Would this be too much/not enough lighting? Any help/ides would be much appreciated.

oh yeah...the plants.....probably low-medium light, trying to stick with hardy species thinking of some of the following but these are just ideas...

Java Fern
    Elodea~
    Giant Hygrophila
    Cabomba~
    Annubis
    Dwarf/Petite Annubis
    Nana Vallisneria and/or Sagittaria
    Red Ludwigia (lugwigia repens)
    Banana Lillies

its very hard to have too much light, especially with super fast growing plants like elodia hydrophilla and red luwigia a second unit will do the job , but you'll still only have 140w of light on a 90+gal tank, idealy you want 2 w/gal as a minimum on a serious plant tank.

personally I'd be looking for a 2x54w t5 unit or a 2x55w CF unit to squeeze under your hood.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks ILLUSN, any ideas on a lighting unit?

Is it possible that I would "burn" some of the plants who prefer lower light conditions?

hagen make a twin t5 unit which is basicly just a balast & 2 sets of waterproof endcaps. Not much 2 look at but perfect for a hood like yours. Couple it 2 some reflectors and your done. With that kind of light you can grow almost anything (178w/90gal) you wont burn your plants but youll get very good growth.

hagen make a twin t5 unit which is basicly just a balast & 2 sets of waterproof endcaps. Not much 2 look at but perfect for a hood like yours. Couple it 2 some reflectors and your done. With that kind of light you can grow almost anything (178w/90gal) you wont burn your plants but youll get very good growth.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks ILLUSN