Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It may also pay to get some Flourish Potassium. With that much light you need good plant growth to out compete the algae - the first step is C02 or Excel as said above, then you need to provide the macro nutrients the plants need - potassium in particular (followed by nitrogen and phosphates but that's often present anyway)

Wrigglers
    Update 31/08/08 - Completed custom light fitting and installed over tank. The fitting runs 3 x 150W MH @ 6,400K. It also has four downlights which will have their globes replaced with blue HILEDs for moonlighting effect. The sides of the fitting contains 4 x 48W flourescent tubes which will also be replaced in he near future with tubes more appropriate for aquarium applications. Not sute what lighting regime I'm going to run at this stage. Haven't got that far, still sitting like a stunned mullet admiring the lighting effect on the tank.

Other than the fitting, I'm still battling algae (hair) so I've added some albino bristlenoses and planted wisteria to compete with the algae.

Hope you all enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p8310050_resized.jpg   p8310046_resized.jpg  

Just an Egg
    Awesome lighting system!

Wrigglers
    Its been a while since I posted some images in this thread, so I thought I'd add some recent photos (from early October 2009). In the last few months, the tanks has settled well, plecos added and additional plants, some thriving, others didn't cope so well and died off. Anyway, recent pics below, enjoy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pa070194_resized.jpg   pa070190_resized.jpg   pa070199_resized.jpg  

Looks awesome!
    Cheers Kath

Blue Diamond Discus
    wish I could do that at my house. There doesn't seem to be much swimming room for the fishies, those plants have gone wild.

Larvae
    looking good post a photo when it has settled with fish in it

Wrigglers
    Jannie_s, thanks. It's got fish in it (13 discus, 2 sailfin plecos and an assortment of corys, tetras and SAEs).

Thanks for the other comments.

Larvae
    Looking good Dwayne

plenty of hiding spots for all discus!!!! we should start an algae mulisha!!! ha ha

Cheers Justin
    THE DISCUS DISEASE SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE SITTING IN FRONT OF TANK FOR HRS ON END!!!

REALLY WEIRD FOR AN ADDRENALIN JUNKY!!!