Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finn's new home

Wrigglers

Finn's new home

Well here it is, the beginning of Finn's new home. I am sure it always goes that you get given a fish (that cannot live with your Africans) and so you go out and buy a 570 ltr ,ex marine tank to house her

With much mucking around the plants rocks and stones are now in.. and there are no leaks in the sump tank anymore (thanks to DIY and Illusn for sharing some of their wisdom).

I need to move the big stones around so the mounds remain as mounds.. I have always used gravel, but the more pics I see of other tanks, the more I really like the sand bottom tanks.. mmm a project for the future perhaps. (the background came with the tank but I am unsure if it will survive)

As the plants begin to fill out and some fish get the green light to move in I will post some more pics.. I cannot wait to go discus shopping..

thanks for having a look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic_1_181.jpg   pic_2.jpg   pic_3.jpg  
    Hello my name is Sharon, and I am a Fish tragic..... 25 years of fish keeping and still so much to learn...
    THE DISCUS BUUUGGGG HAS BITTEN....My Babies are all grown up now..

Wrigglers
    few more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pic_4_678.jpg   pic_5_370.jpg   pic_6_121.jpg   pic_4_678.jpg   pic_5_370.jpg  

pic_6_121.jpg  
    Hello my name is Sharon, and I am a Fish tragic..... 25 years of fish keeping and still so much to learn...

That's a very nice looking setup, Sharon. I see it holds 570L - what are it's dimensions? Where is fin now? Bet he will be happy when he gets to move in.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Wrigglers

Where is Finn

the tank is a 5x2x2

Finn is trapped in the pic to the left in my signature . her best friend at the moment is a bol. butterfly... you can see why she needs a bigger tank and more discus to play with.. she is currently sitting about 3 mtrs from the new tank it seems like she spends all day just looking over at the new one.. she is quite sad at the moment though as I have taken all the plants out to put in the new tank..

I just want to get her in there but the ammonia levels have not yet spiked.. sooonnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by pink66
    she is currently sitting about 3 mtrs from the new tank it seems like she spends all day just looking over at the new one.. she is quite sad at the moment though as I have taken all the plants out to put in the new tank..
    That is so like my situation. My 165L is sitting on the floor of my loungeroom. The new 7ft tanks sits on the cabinet just above it. The plants were mostly taken out Monday to go in the 7ft (you visited my thread on this). So my discus are not happy & I'm sure they are giving me dirty looks, demanding why they can't move in. Soon, children, soon I say. (It's still testing for ammonia, so they can't move in yet).

How long till Fin get's to move in?

Wrigglers
    [quote="TW"]
    Quote Originally Posted by pink66
    How long till Fin get's to move in?
    I am off to test again as we speak.. If I am not getting any further today then it is off to the shop for some prawns.. Up until now I have been using filter material from both of my tanks to help the bacteria level.. I am even using 2 buckets of Finn's water every day into the new tank.. I would like to say that by the weekend she will be in.. but I know better.. It is so unfair.. the water looks so clean and inviting

You are definitely mirroring my situation. My prawns are already in the tank. Keep us posted. It will be interesting to see how long it takes us both & the difference time frames we experience. When did your water go in. Was it Wednesday? Mine went in Monday night.

Wrigglers
    water went in on Saturday night

Good luck, keep us posted. Finn looks very pretty, BTW.

You've done a lovely job with that tank Sharon.

A real fishy palace for Finn :P
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend