Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finn's new home

Wrigglers

almost there

I could not resist. After seeing TW's 7ft planted tank (which I love) I had to have sand. Sorry the pics are a bit dodgy.. A new better camera is on the Christmas list

The waiting is almost over.. The tank has reached zero ammonia, zero nitrites and finally has shown a nitrate reading.. YEAH, the bugs must be busy... So just because I want to be sure (and what is another day) I will test again tomorrow just to confirm the reading.

Then it will be time to start putting fish in.. I do not know who is more excited, me because I will get to go discus fish hunting or Finn and friends because they are going from a 95ltr tank to a 571 ltr tank (hope they don't get lost trying to get around in their )

Now my cichlids are extremely unhappy about the time I have been spending setting up a tank that is not for them that I thought I should add a pic of them.. The pic of the dog is my faithful staff who always seems to find something I am working with for the tank to grab and run away with and hide under the bed (why, just because she can)

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tank_1_184.jpg   cichlid_tank.jpg   katie.jpg  
    Hello my name is Sharon, and I am a Fish tragic..... 25 years of fish keeping and still so much to learn...
    THE DISCUS BUUUGGGG HAS BITTEN....My Babies are all grown up now..

That looks very nice Sharon, I like what you've done a lot.

Don't forget to quarantine any new discus, before adding them to Finn & existing tank mates.

Looking forward to the picture of Finn & company swimming around in your nice river setting.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Wrigglers

thanks

Thanks Robyn, I have my 2ftr ready to go as soon as I come across some nice discus who want to live at my place. I am in no hurry to load it up.. Just as the opportunity arises will be just fine.. (I will keep some fish back from the new tank to keep it cycled)

this morning I have put in a pair of bol. butterflies and 8 harlequin tetras, 2 albino corys and 2 spotty corys.. and sometime between 5.30am this morning and now one of the albino's have simply disappeared !!! very strange mystery.. (I even pulled the sump pipe apart just to make sure he had not made his way into there) I may have to put out a reward for his safe return
    Hello my name is Sharon, and I am a Fish tragic..... 25 years of fish keeping and still so much to learn...

Well, it looks like you're well & truly organised & know exactly what you're doing.

Forgot to mention before, that's a cute dog. He still has that young puppy look about him.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Wrigglers

Don't know about an expert..

an expert, probably far from it.... just done heaps of reading on the forum and have asked heaps of questions and now know that it would be rather brave to try to just add new fish into tank.. Anything could go wrong and I have been working at this for toooooo long..

As for Katie, she is 3 1/2 and yes still looks like a puppy.. Never quite filled out like her parents.. But she is still just the best puppy in the world (and currently curled up next to me on the couch as it is raining down here in sunny Crib Point and I suppose she thinks it is the best place to be today!!)

I have just stirred everything up in the tank looking for the cory.. We give up, "just GONE" Once all the fish are settled in I will post a few more pics..

Regards, Sharon