Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Free Swimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn
    Do you remember an experiment that Ben did on here last year, where he took half of his spawn of blue diamonds, put them in a 4 foot bare tank and had a constant trickle of water going into and out of the tank, equivalent to around 200% a day.
    The ultimate in frequent water changes... it's like changing a few drops every second, every minute, every hour, every day

"rushes off to search for thread with Ben as author......"

[quote="DIY"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn

"rushes off to search for thread with Ben as author......"
    Yes, please post the link DIY

H
    Why me ?

Free Swimmer
    My searching is poor I think... I found this thread where Ben setup the flow through tank but not the comparison of juvi growouts

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/vi...=grow&&start=0

hey jason, there is one more i noticed from the pictures and find it quite strange. it is better to read my comments by looking at both of the pictures which you posted in the other duplicated thread with the same subject title. especially in the first picture, there is a disconnection between the bottom of the chin and the body part just before the pelvic fin ( do you call that body part - vent?). initially i was thinking may be the discus was breathing heavily with both gill plates widely open, but then i was checking mine and there is no way that you can see the other side of the gill plate no matter how heavy they breathe. can you see what i am talking about?

Ivo, I see what you mean, but isn't that just the illusion of the vertical bar ?
    Why me ?

hey steve, you need to go to jason's another thread same subject title and look at the first picture which is not posted on this thread that received several replies. i wish i knew how to put a mark on the area on the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo
    hey steve, you need to go to jason's another thread same subject title and look at the first picture which is not posted on this thread that received several replies. i wish i knew how to put a mark on the area on the picture.
    Yes, got it, it still looks like a black area (marking)

H
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled_193.jpg  
    Why me ?

Just an Egg
    Its just the vertical bar, although the picture did make it look like a defect because of the driftwood in the background

Apologies for the double posting by the way, stuffed up when adding pictures.