Tiny Fry

Using ADA substrates?

Is anyone using the ADA substrates in their planted tank? I am in design of my 50cm cube tank with ADA 5 Powders, ADA Power Sand Special S, ADA Aqua Soil-Amazonia II and Aqua Soil-Amazonia II Powder Form.

I was wondering what feedback could members here give about using ADA compared to other products such as Ecocomplete and aquaclay?

Regards
    Mango

Hi, I can't give a personal comparison, as I've not used Eco Complete or aquaclay, but I've used ADA Amazonia I soil in several tanks and I've been very happy. I would use it again - although IMO it is over priced.

Some people have had excessive algae & clouding with ADA soil & there are pictures here somewhere, but I've not had those issues personally. The issues were with Amazonia I. Don't know about II.

I haven't used it, but I know of many who use eco complete and are very happy with it. I hear it is a great substrate to use.

cheers, Robyn
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I use ADA Amazonia II because I can not get Eco Complete. No problems with water with algae or clouding. When first set up the water was cloudy but it cleared in less than a day.

It sells for 800 Baht for a big bag here, imported from Japan.

I top it off with something that looks better. I have a friend that just uses ADA and after a while it does not look so nice, though he does cover most of the bottom with plants and that helps. Mostly grassy plants and they do quite well.

Eco complete

Does anybody know where to get Eco complete from in Brisbane for my 4x2x2 Discus tank? I have CO2 running as well.
    Peppermints are the best catfish

Contact Ben at Age of Aquarium. He's in Brisbane & I'm sure he stocks it.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

thanks

Thanks i will give him a go.
    Peppermints are the best catfish

Tiny Fry
    Im going to be redoing my entire tank with ADA Amazonia II later on this week and im very excited!

I currently have my Pogo. Helferi in a container with Amazonia II powder and Iron bottoms, what can i say...4 days in that stuff and its growing liek crazy already!! Cant wait for my other exotics to be planted in ADA substrate!

Guess its ADA all the way!

Just an Egg
    Does the ADA stuff alter after time in the tank?