Just an Egg

New Aquarium - Help needed.

My OH thought he would surprise me and buy an AquaOne120. Isn't he nice? Anway I have concerns with the depth of this aquarium. Currently running a planted 4 foot with 5 discus, rummy noses and 2 butterflies. If anyone knows, I want information on if the filtration system will cope with the load and what I need to do about lighting. Not sure if 3X36 watt would reach ow plants?? Can I get ne lights that will fit under hood? Any help is appreciated.

link http://www.aquaone.co.uk/AquaGrande_aquarium.php

Those 3x36w's wont cut it, if you can try and get some reflecter for the bulbs, they just clip onto each tube in increase the light hitting the tank by around 50% (still not great but good enough for lotus and most swords).

I'd personally gut the hood and install a twin 54w t5 strip light, that will fit, and with the right reflectors will give you plenty of light, you might even be able to cram 2 into there. if you can find them hagen make a bare bones 2x54w light fitting which is basicly just a ballast and encaps, 2 of these would give you 216w of light. if you can find a shop that deals with reef octopus you can get gullwing reflecters which effectily increase the output of each tube by 100-200%.

The filter isn't that great either, i'd still run an eheim 2217 or equivelant on that tank in addition to the built in filter.