Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    if you water is okay treat it for gill flukes

Tiny Fry
    do a search on whirly disease there is a thread on crazy fish in another forum. It could have neurological brian damage caused by internal parasites.
    One of my discus started going crazy and swimming in circles a few times each day for 2 days. I treated it with Prazi strraight away - it hasn't done it again.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    the discus died, thanks all for the help

Tiny Fry
    orry to hear that

Just an Egg
    Hi

I am sorry to hear sad news. This was a domestic strain of discus, or was it wild?

Quote Originally Posted by waitaki
    do a search on whirly disease there is a thread on crazy fish in another forum. It could have neurological brian damage caused by internal parasites.
    One of my discus started going crazy and swimming in circles a few times each day for 2 days. I treated it with Prazi strraight away - it hasn't done it again.
    Can you please give us a link to that forum? This problem becomes more and more serious around the world. I wonder if someone will find what causes it. Link on whirling disease

http://members.tripod.com/discus_unl.../whirling.html

But I am not sure if that is the same illnes

Barbara
    Barbara
    Member of the Polish Discus Club http://www.pkmd.pl/

Tiny Fry
    Can you please give us a link to that forum? This problem becomes more and more serious around the world. I wonder if someone will find what causes it. Link on whirling disease
    ok this is the link to the thread I read:

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/disc...zy-discus.html

mmm, the acticle you have posted doesn't sound to good does it

after treating mine immediately with prazi my fish hasn't been swimming in circles since. I sincerely hope it doesn't reoccur.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    This was not end of the horror in my aquarium, I lost three more discuses since the last post. Two got crazy and one simply died without getting crazy. I have five remaining in the tank, but it seems their future is not very bright.. very depressing

According to the links, it's probably whirling disease, at least for those getting crazy.

Suggestions what to do to save the remaining discuses? (if possible)

This was a domestic strain of discus, or was it wild?
    I'm not sure, I think it was domestic.

What is Prazi? I didn't manage to find much on the net.

Tiny Fry
    oh man - sorry to hear this. This is so sad
    Is there a fish vet near you where you can get a post mortem on your fish?
    Prazi is praziquantel (100mg) it is parasite eliminator.
    But it has to be 100mg!
    Goodluck with the rest - I hope it works out well for you and your fish

Just an Egg
    In our case with wild greens we stopped that speeding by lowering the temperature, ph to 4-4,5, aded plenty of peat and salt. But in blue variety and domestic strains (snow white & red white) it didn't work. Red white we had for 1,5 year, snow white shorter. That is why I don't think it is exactly the whirling disease. I have notice one common thing: edges of the fins becomming white in colour, like dying tissue. Every single fish in our case had this.
    I have to add, that domestic discus hasn't been in contact with wild. All equipment to every tank is seperate and after use is disinfected.
    Prazi not always helps. We try that as well. In one case Bactopur Direct (Sera) helped.

Barbara
    Barbara
    Member of the Polish Discus Club http://www.pkmd.pl/