Just an Egg

Large discus with hole in head getting worse

I have a very large discus about 8" and very wide. He started with a small hole beside his eye and it has continually got worse. It is right beside his eye and is probably close to a half inch. He has not ate for 3 weeks. I have him in a quaranteen tank and have been using metro for three weeks, he doesn't seem to be getting any better. I have been using double doses of metro every 2 days with heavy water changes. I have recenty even tried adding tetracyclene, nothing seems to help. I am sure he would already be dead if it wasn't for his size and good health before. I am sure he is not going to make it much longer. ANY IDEAS

what dose of metro are you using? use a minimum of 25mg/L, if your really desperate you can try to crush a tablet into a paste and rub that on the wound, mind you in his weak state this could kill him.

This was my suggestion in another thread from the other day where a similar problem was occuring

The one with the sore, I would put into a H/T and treat with Myxacin directly on the wound with a cotton bud. Hopefully that will knock back any infection and aid healing. Make sure if you do this to hold the fish in a damp/wet towel and don't get any in the eyes or on the gills.
    hth

Seeing your situation is over the eye, please go very careful, possibly angle the held fish so that the med would flow away from the eye.

Let us know how you get on.

Hollowman
    Why me ?