Medium Discus

How to stop a bulling discus

Hi,
    i have got a medium size blue diamond that continues to chase 2 of my blue snakeskins around the tank. There is another 9 discus in there with them, Any suggestions on how to stop him chasing them, they have got to the point where they are hiding from him and he is smaller as well. Cheers Axl

This is just cichlid behavior, they will be agressive sometimes, might be that it is trying to protect territory, feeding rights, or coming of age.
    Unless the bullied fish are being damaged, it will sort itself out soon enough.

hth

Hollowman
    Why me ?

Just an Egg
    how about this: if you have a spare tank take the bully out for a few weeks, when introduced back to the tank he might forget all that he used to be the boss ... cichlid keepers used the same concept to treat territorial aggression, by re-organising the tank every now and then.

Wrigglers
    I have tried that "remove from tank and re-introduce" method for bullies, and have come up with mixed results. 2 of my BIG bullies have remained bullies even after that trick I think the best thing is to let it be as hollowman rightly says, and let things sort out itself.

By the way, what is your tank size, I am asking because you are probably talking about a tank with 12 Discus in it, and that needs quite a large aquarium, else, could be another ripe reason for bullies to surface.
    Lets Discuss Discus !!
    Some people are KNOW ALL.. rise above them, not sink to their levels..

Medium Discus
    The tank is aorund 460ltr its 5.5ft x 2ftx2ft high, so fairly big aquarium. im not putting anymore in there