Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just an Egg
    Hi all of you,

you all should read my 10 lessons on wilds I have written for
    www.discuspassion.it - go to Heiko Bleher and than to Lezione, all lessons are in English and Italian.

The age of a (wild) discus depends ONLY from where it comes from, the origin (collector, exporter, importer, wholesaler, shipper, retailer, private), how the fish was kept before you get it. If a (wild) discus has been handled correctly and feed adequately and has no hexamita and other diseases, than it should live at last 5, up to 10 years or more (in nature much less, hardly 3 years).

Normally if you loose a wild discus in early stage, than something was wrong. Wilds are so much more resistant than tank breeds, their immune system works.

But please read, and hopefully also my book, as it tells you all you ever wanted (and will) know about wilds...

always

Heiko Bleher
    www.aquapress-bleher.,com
    Heiko Bleher

This has been a really interesting topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrilyn
    All the wilds were routinely wormed as soon as we got them, and again three months later, with both Prazi and Levamisole
    Bought my Heckels early March, so going by this advice, it's nearly time for the 2nd round of treatment. Merrilyn, do you worm all your fish every 3 mths or is this just for new wilds? I thought the norm was once every 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiko Bleher
    Normally if you loose a wild discus in early stage, than something was wrong.
    Makes sense. My heckel that died was about 6cm when bought in March & hadn't grown any by it's death last week.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"