Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Red

Stunning, Robert. Mine definitely does not show signs of looking this the fish you found. More a solid brownish red, with the light face & dominant facial bar. He's fed only on homemade beef heart, spirilina brine shrimp & Mal's freeze dried worms.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Quote Originally Posted by TW
    Hi samir
    yes, so far only 1 is in trouble. But the advice, from a very respected source is to treat the lot of them with metro. I'm a little nervous. Not great timing either, as I have to go away for business for four days starting from Thursday.
    Did you pick it from the picture, or did you read the other thread?
    where did you post the thread TW ? I've looked all over and cant find it
    from my experience I think one shouldn't mix heckels with other discus till they are fully grown

Hi Samir

I joined this thread http://www.discusforums.com/forum/vi...16428&start=20 as Andrew Soh was responding to this & providing good info - so I thought my chances of getting advice from him were greater if I asked my questions here, instead of starting a new thread. He helped me a lot.

Rather than clutter up this thread with off topic talk ofsick Heckels, hope you don't mind, that I send you a PM.

Cheers, Robyn.

I missed to view this thread completely and just saw it. Yeah, discus name can be so confusing. I was so confused about the whole leopard, leopard snakeskin name, etc when i first started. Here is the latest picture of one of my Rose Red (thats what FishRock told me). I have her for around 14 months i think (Samir probably remember that). She has not grown much but she does keep her deep red color well. Hope you like her!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails roser.jpg  

She is a beautiful fish. She doesn't look quite the same as my Rose Red though. I will stall call mine Rose Red - but who really knows for sure.

My rose red pair looks like Ivo's in breeding colors they look like rwel4809 blue face and blue halo.

all the fry from 3 batches look like TW's with a black band through the eye and some even show stressbars.

I believe the genetics of the Rose reds and the San Merah are the same and just some produce better phenotypes than others. (wish my bloody pair would ythrow fry that look themselves though )

hi illusn, of my two rose red the one i showed on this thread is a girl, the other one i still don't know but very likely to be a girl that never lay eggs before. this girl rose red in the picture has tried so hard and many times to pair with my other big boys, but none of them show any interest. poor thing keep laying eggs on her own. good luck with breeding your pair and hopefully they make beautiful red babies.

I think I'm going to have to cross the F1's back to mum to get the strain i want, they just keep producing solid red fish with black bars. they joys of breeding

good luck with yours too Ivo, hopefully yours will breed true.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    My rose red pair looks like Ivo's in breeding colors they look like rwel4809 blue face and blue halo.

all the fry from 3 batches look like TW's with a black band through the eye and some even show stressbars.

I believe the genetics of the Rose reds and the San Merah are the same and just some produce better phenotypes than others. (wish my bloody pair would ythrow fry that look themselves though )
    Oh well, I guess that means you don't like my little one Never mind, I love his looks anyway & wouldn't change wish to change them, except I'd like to see a black halo around the body.

TW, yours is a LOVLEY fish, just not what I'm aiming for, I REALLY wanted to lock in that white/blue halo, and was hopeing for barless fish.

still yours is VERY pretty.