Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cockroaches

Tiny Fry
    It has taken me 6 months to organise it, but I finally had my place sprayed for roaches...

I ended up using a company called Bugz, and I can recommend them to others living in Sydney. The guy who sprayed my place kept Lake Malawi ciclids and so was knowledgeable about fish and very careful around my tanks.

I also covered my tanks with towels, turned off the air pumps and left the balcony doors open for ages after... They sprayed last friday and so far the only casualties are cockroaches.

I'm not sure if this breaks the rules but I don't think these guys are in competition with any of our sponsors so here are their details:

Bugz Pest Control
    PO Box 689
    Cronulla NSW 2230
    02 9522 2333

R

Hi, I'm New Here!

Can't get Cockroaches living in, under and all around tanks !!!!

had house sprayed, tanks covered etc... All 13 tanks were good no casualties... Not even the cockroaches. Kitchen and laundry cleared of them but still safe and sound near fish tanks. Help,,,,,

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwel4809 View Post
    Hi all,

I am about to get the pest controller in to sort out the cockroaches... I'm just wondering what everyones experiences were with pest control and whether you have had any fish problems as a result??

I don't think they use an airborn spray... I think they just spray right in the corners of the room and put that gel stuff in the kitchen and bathroom.... do you think its reasonable to ask them to guarantee that no harm will come to my beloved fishes???

Robert
    They don't guarantee but you can do one thing whenever you use pesticides inside you ought to constantly: Cover or eliminate bird enclosures and fish tanks, and migrate different pets prior to utilizing spray (shower) pesticides. Numerous pesticides are incredibly harmful to birds and fish. ... Leave the room while the pesticide (like fly splash) is producing results.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Quote Originally Posted by rwel4809 View Post
    Hi all,

I am about to get the pest controller in to sort out the cockroaches... I'm just wondering what everyones experiences were with pest control and whether you have had any fish problems as a result??

I don't think they use an airborn spray... I think they just spray right in the corners of the room and put that gel stuff in the kitchen and bathroom.... do you think its reasonable to ask them to guarantee that no harm will come to my beloved fishes???

Robert
    Hi all,

Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of arranging pest control services to address a cockroach issue in my place. I wanted to hear about your experiences with pest control and if any of you have encountered problems with your fish after the treatment?

From what I understand, they don't use any airborne sprays. Instead, they focus on spraying the corners of the rooms and using gel substances in the kitchen and bathroom. Do you think it would be reasonable for me to request a guarantee from the pest control company to ensure the safety of my beloved fish during and after the treatment?

Looking forward to hearing your insights and suggestions.

Best regards.