Hi, I'm New Here!

What's wrong with this picture???

The discus in the attached picture was in an isolation tank from March 26th thru May 3rd. During that time I had to sequently treat him for hexamita, then gill flukes and finally lateral and tail fin rot. His eye pupil is black...the white you see is just the reflected flash.

I finally got him eating normal foods - frozen blood worms, color bits and Red and Blue Sera. Most importantly he started passing solid brown feces, so I transfered him back to his home in my 55 gallon, wehre I have continued to treat him with Melafix daily for fin rot.

He continues to eat normal foods but only sparingly, even when mixed with Garlic Guard. He sits in the same front location of the tank, fins down but not clamped, at a 45 degree downward position.

At feeding time he will forage for food off the plant leaves and bottom but when done he reverts to his favorite stationary position and angle in the front of the tank.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong or what else to do?

Thanks so much for you help......you folks have so far pulled him through everything from A to Z........

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1056.jpg  

Hi Mike. It sounds like he's been through a pretty tough couple of weeks.

I think he's just taking some time to recover after a nasty illness.

Just support him with the best food you can offer (live foods if possible) frequent waterchanges and warmth, and give him time to regain his strength.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend