Hi, I'm New Here!

HELP! Worms???????

Hi all, my 3mth old discus has started to have some unusual bowel movements. At first glance i though they were worms so i treated with prazi 1wk ago- this has had no effect. Water parameters are normal.

1hr after eating he seems to get comstipated and pass what looks like dead blood worms in his poo. What the hell is happening? Is this some weird form of worms? The ones he is passing are not alive, but look more like the frozen ones i feed him (also is fed plankton and brine shrimp) and just come all out in a clump.

Pls any help would be greatly appreciated, as i have no idea what the hell is going on!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn0442_edited.jpg  

what are you feeding him? if your feeding bloodworms then stop and see if it goes away, bloodworms can be hard for young fish to digest.
    if they persist try levimenisole.

Just an Egg

worms

hi there illusn is right try big L pig and poultry wormer it works gr8 on worms make sure you retreat on day 7 so that the cycle of worms is destroyed! best of luck

They look too big to be threadworms, so I'm wondering if he's having trouble digesting the frozen bloodworms.

As illusn suggested, try a change of diet and see what happens.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

I have seen quite often fish passing the bloodworm 'cases' or skin, they are harder for them to digest.

Hollowman
    Why me ?