Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just an Egg
    No I went there about 12-14 months ago now but I just explained what I wanted and I purchased the metro. Only paid the cost of the tablets. The vet I spoke to said pet city refered a lot of people to them so he understood what I wanted.

Blue Diamond Discus
    Karen Mogg - Underwater World - Sunshine Coast - 0754 938 222.

Have spoken to her in the past - she is very helpful.

Marg.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieorchid
    No I went there about 12-14 months ago now but I just explained what I wanted and I purchased the metro. Only paid the cost of the tablets. The vet I spoke to said pet city refered a lot of people to them so he understood what I wanted.

This appears to no longer be the case - I called today and they wouldn't prescribe without a consultation and even if I booked one $52 they were extremely hesitant to talk to me about it

Tom

Just an Egg
    That is a shame as I said it was over 12 months ago now but they were very helpful. Maybe there has been a change of vets since then. Maybe check with Pet City as they were the ones who suggested I go there they may have an alternative place now. I just walked in no booking. Maybe there has been a change of laws for the sale of this drug.

Medium Discus
    Salisbury Park Veterinary Hospital
    1914 Main North Road Salisbury Park
    Dr Trevor Rickman
    08 8258 0168
    this is where i take fish as posted before and he is awesome with his fish stuff

Just an Egg
    those of u in brisbane, i recently got my metro from a vet in cannon hill, no consultation, just ring up and the receptionist will know and dispense metro for u

address is

Pickwick Professional Centre
    6/18 Pickwick Street
    Cannon Hill QLD

PH: 3399 9610

give them a ring beforehand and tell them wat u want

they are very nice, i rang them in the morning and they had meds ready in the arvo for me to pick up, it was aronud 50c a tablet of metro 200mg

HTH,

Chris

Larvae
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Inferno
    I remember a post by a fishvet at another discus forum...I have copied his details from his post

Dr Richmond Loh

TheFishVet
    Highbury Vet Clinic
    9808 9011

Dr Richmond Loh (BSc, BVMS)
    Highbury Veterinary Clinic.
    (03) 9808 9011
    www.geocities.com/thefishvet

I tried these guys and got donuts - any others in the area you can think of
    cheers gro

Thans guys for the numbers and when my discus get sick in Brissie I will call for advice, Thanks again
    Peppermints are the best catfish

Medium Discus
    i just read through some of the coomments above

i have no problems/issue or grivance with anything going on

i think those recieving prescription medications without there fish being examined should realise that the veterinary proffessional doing so is putting themselves in a delicate position, yes they are being helpful equally they are opening up themselves to charges of proffesional misconduct and postings on an open websight can only make that situation more likely

maybe list the helpful clinics and suggest that at least a feacal sample is taken to the clinic for the veterinary to examine before dispensing an appropriate medication for feacal protoza, or something along those line

andrew