Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Not much has changed, but it's time for a few new pics. Sorry, they're blurry I still have some wild browns & blue in this tank, but they'll be moving out soon to join some other browns in the 4ft tank.

Full Frontal

Though there's plenty of room for the discus to swim behind the rear plants & driftwood, they're always out & about where I can see them.

It's been a while since my last post, but not a lot has changed. I prefer to keep things stable & not disturb the discus too much, so I don't tend to re-scape very much. I thinned out my Cyperus helferi, as it was blocking out most of the wood on the left hand side. I trimmed the top of the c.helferi (love this plant, as you don't need to pull it out & cut from the bottom. Just trim the tops when needed). After the trimming, it was still too thick. The plant had multiplied and I have about 5 spare I'll be trying to sell, when I get around to it.

Left Side

Middle

Right Side

On the right hand side, the Blyxa japonica is far too overgrown. But I'll deal with that after I sell the Cyperus helferi.

There's also a tall growing crypt in the foreground of the right hand side. Something else I have to deal with. It must have been a hitchhiker & when I stop being lazy, I'll replant it toward the back of the tank, 'cause I know it doesn't belong in the front.

Anyway, enough for now. Hope you like it
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Just an Egg
    Hi Robyn... Looking good .. I an amazed that the substrates haven't mixed much... congrats.. Is this the tank the new guys are gonna have?? You really should haveno problems transporting them in the bucket/cooler setup with the trashbag and towels.. I've had a lot of folks besides myself do it that way for quite a few hours with no issues. I just always have the battery air pump handy incase I don't know.. the car breaks down or something... never happened to me.. but if I didn't bring it along you know sure as can be .. Anyways... the tank looks great. Sue
    120gal koi angel , baby angels, rams and orangehead geos
    29 gal angel , bn, red tailed shark and black skirts

Blue Diamond Discus
    Robyn your tank is looking fantastic..... you should be very pleased with yourself. Its everything a discus fan craves to have. I'm inspired to take a few photos of my own tank now but unfortunately doesn't look near as good.

How does it look now TW? Would love to see the completed setup..

Hi Suzie - the substrates haven't mixed due to the retaining wall that is siliconed to the tank floor. This helps keep things where they should be

Matt, come on, I've seen your tanks before - very nice. Please share again soon

Swampy, not much changes in my tank. I moved that tall crypt that I mentioned in an earlier post from the tank front to the rear. But, it really has to go. It's far too big for the tank. Its the plant that you can see overshadowing on the right hand side. These pictures were taken tonight

Pls ignore the extra filter & the table with empty tank. I'm in the processing of preparing a tank & cycling a filter - so that's why they're there

Medium Discus
    Hi Robyn
    That 'tall crypt' looks more like and Aponogeton to me...do NOT get rid of it yet...

Can you take a closer pic of it?

Mike

Larvae
    i second the aponogeton call - vigorous grower? bulb under the substrate?

robyn, the tank looks great! i've just set up a third tank at home and am waiting for some apistos to come through from b and c.

merry xmas, have a safe and fun summer.

justin

What are you getting from B&C

Re: the cyrpt / aponogeton - it was a freebie that must have hitch hiked into the tank unknown to me. I had a feeling it was a crypt, starting with U. It's underside leaf is pink

Undulata or something. Will look later on tropica to find the name I'm looking for. Will try to get a close up picture of it on the forum soon for identification.

It's too big for my tank, unless someone can tell me a way to trim it (without uprooting). It's not the sort of plant that you can just trim the top. I was thinking that I just cut the stems as close to to the bottom as I can & that new leaves might sprout?

What do you plant gurus think?

if you ever want to move it on concider it sold i've got a 2.5 foot tall planted tank it would look great in

Your tank's beautiful TW! You should be very proud.
    I'll have to get your advice as I go throught the process with my new tank in the coming weeks.